What to do about Northern Ireland

@Artangel ,. Oooer! Watcha onnabout missus ??
I fink yer got me mixed up wiv sum uvver geezer Angel ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

First you referred to me as a ‘Paddie’ and then you compared me to a donkey!

I bet a few are itching to say (as they usually do on here!)… ‘Why don’t you go back to Ireland then?’

I suppose, it’s better than people adding ‘you Irish pigs’ to that sentence as they did in the 1950’s.
Why would grown up people say that to little kids?

Possibly based on what they had heard from their parents about the traitorous behaviour of the Irish in the wars, possibly because of the slovenly way they lived in the UK once having “got off the boat”. One could well ask why so many (mostly RC kids and families) hate our lot for absolutely no reason other than we are “Christ Killers” according to them.

What??? Your mind sounds poisoned.
Why are you filled with such hatred? Why are you judging all by a few?
The British haven’t exactly been goodie-goodies where war is concerned.

@Artangel , But l havent even muttered your name, much less replied to
a post of yours ?
Methinks you are a trifle touchy young lady ??
Donkeyman! :+1::thinking::+1:

Poisoned? Nah. Experienced.

Oh, much earlier than that. Way back in the 12th century, in fact.
Later, Henry VIII proclaimed himself as King of Ireland and about a hundred years later Cromwell conquered Ireland and confiscated much land from the natives.

(Er, I’m not calling you a native, Angel.)

2 Likes

JBR, I was referring to this in 1921…
In May 1921, Ireland was partitioned under British law by the Government of Ireland Act, which created Northern Ireland

Yes. The Island of Ireland was indeed partitioned in order to protect the predominantly Protestant population from the Fenians (Roman Catholic Terrorists). A problem is that so many ignorant people, especially in the USA fail to grasp that the Island of Ireland is a lump of rock that houses two separate nations.

That’s good! Donkeyman. So you mean…l’m ok, it’s just the rest of the Irish people who are ‘Paddies’ and donkeys?
Honestly, l’m not being touchy, l am just sticking up for myself and other Irish born people who get a bit fed up of being labelled by the ignorance of some.

It happens on here about the Muslims and other people of different religions and nationalities to yourselves.
Why aren’t some of you able to judge people for what they are and not how you think they are just because you feel you’re special, perfect and righteous?

1 Like

Yes, that is very interesting. I’m not sure exactly how much proof has been found of such assistance, but I’ve read words about not only moral support but also permitting (or encouraging) the Germans to use their west coast ports to refuel and repair their U-boats.

I suppose that there has always been a strong feeling of antagonism by the Irish toward the British, for obvious reasons, and that to help our enemies against us might have seemed the natural thing to do.

Of course, I’m not sure how far ahead they actually looked. Had Hitler conquered the UK, do your think he would have not considered progressing further west?

Yes, but that involved granting Eire their independence from our rule.
I think Putin’s intentions with Ukraine are exactly the opposite.

1 Like

Whatever it is, the bottom line is, it is an aggression towards just ordinary, innocent people who suffer.
It’s all about greed.

This thread has now made me realise what the expression, ‘Little Englanders’ means!

Granting Eire its independence in 1921 was aggression and greed?
I hope, incidentally, that you don’t believe that I have any negative feelings toward you, Angel, because you’re Irish. If anything, the opposite is the case.

1 Like

Of course, JBR. It’s only for discussion purposes and l am not taking offence.
l am just putting my side of the story forward as a person of Irish nationality.

1 Like

I am a lapsed RC Went to Catholic schools where there were many Irish children .i have never , not once ever heard any Catholic child or adult refer to Jewish people as Christ killers.

2 Likes

Well I certainly have. This was in and around the Manchester slums.

You must have mixed with some very ignorant people AD and it has affected your way of thinking towards all Catholics

1 Like