What is your favourite colour?

Merle is a recessive gene, so if you cross two merle’s together the puppies have 25% chance of some become ‘double merles’ (carry 2 sets of Merle genes one from each parent) and born all white with sight and hearing problems and sometimes also problems to internal organs so some die very young.

As Rough (and smooth) Collie’s and Shelties are descended from Border Collies they can also carry the Merle gene.

These breeds also carry the merle gene: Australian Shepherd, Cardigan Welsh Corgi, Catahoula Leopard Dog, Chihuahua, Cocker Spaniel, Dachshund (called dapple), Great Dane (harlequin acts the same), Mudi, Old English Sheepdog, Pomeranian, and Pyrenean Shepherd.

1 Like

Inspired by @Bratti’s photo’s here, I was going to post a thread about favourite colours and the handy box that you see on the right when posting a thread told me one already existed - so here I am :003:

Anyway, I love oranges and yellows - because they just remind me of the sunshine :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Mine is Green - all forty shades!

2 Likes

Me too! I sure miss you Azure. I miss your beautiful creations that you used to post. Hope everything is going well for you.

1 Like

Hello Bratti

Nice to hear from you
I am still recovering from my son’s death and waiting for eye surgery too.
I do miss the my friends on OFF but at present can’t return as too many things going. I will look in from time to time.

Bet Wishes

Philomena