What is your favourite colour?

How difficult is it for goodness sake?

To be genuinely honest Besoeker, I do not understand what you are talking about and what your dog has to do with ā€œWhat is your favourite colour?ā€ :confused:

OK. Iā€™ll try this again. It obviously, or evidently not so obviously, depends depends on what the colour is related to.
My car is metallic blue. I like that.
My dog is black and white. Much as I like metallic blueā€¦
Do you get it yet?

Blue blue and more blue :smiley:
Pink makes me feel ill I canā€™t have it in the houseā€¦

No - he is gorgeous just as he is!:smiley:

No - but I have seen green ones.

Perhaps that his favourite colours are Black and White?:smiley:

If thatā€™s the case, why was the post so ambiguous.:wink:

You could always get a Blue Heeler then everything would match.

He would have swooned over my wardrobe then!

No, just forget it, it is really isnā€™t important!

Definitely Red. All things red. Except for the excessively ott bright red lipstick that seems to be all the rage lately. I miss my beautiful red Ferrari Dino. Wish I had never sold it.

My favourite colour varies according to my mood - sometimes itā€™s mauve, sometimes sage green and sometimes midnight blue.

Yes, thank you for that. It was my point. He is the right colour for what he is. But I wouldnā€™t want my car to be black and white like a US police patrol car.

Favourite colour has to be taken in the context of the subject in question.

http://i.imgur.com/LiGnyCg.jpg

Itā€™s changed for meā€¦when I was younger blue was favourite (many different shades of blue). then I liked pinks (pastels or fuchsia but not bright ā€˜barble pinkā€™) but not too much of it. I like purples too and pinky-purpley-lilacs

dog colours have changed tooā€¦lol as a child I had a phobia of black dogs after been chased by one, so we had a golden lab cross and a small tricolour heinz 57 (who was more brown and white than black).

Many years later I ended up with dog that was mostly black! ā€¦then a black and white collie (Jess has more white that my last dog but still mostly black).

I like the little ā€˜rubyā€™ cavaliers .(every cavalier Iā€™ve met seems really sweet natured) but they seem to have so many health problems that it seems perfectly ok for them to have heart problems and that awful brain condition they can get.

Oddly (pillar box) red was never a favourite colour for me though Iā€™ve dyed my hair auburn before (itā€™s naturally dark brown) and had caramel and auburn highlights when I was young!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonder if thatā€™s what would be called a Blue Merle Collie here?

https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+merle+collie&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB763GB763&oq=Blue+Mer&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.10279j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Beautiful dogs but blue in the shade that the car is.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB763GB763&ei=6YdIXbWTJI6agQaE14uoAw&q=metallic+blue+car&oq=metallic+blue&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i71l8.0.0..17441...0.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz.mtHB-EbuF-w

But Iā€™ll cease now. My posts are being deleted for no good reason.

No a Blue Merle colour refers to either a Border Collie with that colouring. Rough Collies (ones that look like ā€˜Lassieā€™) and Shelties can also come in Blue Merle. (Border Collies can also come in ā€˜red merleā€™)

A ā€˜Blue Heelerā€™ is also known as an ā€˜Australian Cattle Dogā€™ and a different breed. There arenā€™t many in the UK, probably more popular in the US as working herding dogs (where they tend to have cattle more often than sheep). They originated from Australia though, hence the breed name.

Information appreciated, thank you.

Susanā€™s correct.

Often the Merles have blue eyes too, or sometimes only one blue eye.
You must not mate 2 Merles together either, but canā€™t remember the reason now - itā€™s me age. :smiley:

1 Like

No, not one of those, Blue Heelers are also known as an Australian Cattle Dog. A very intelligent working dog; I always wanted one but my Border Collie lived too long.

They are definitely blue, very tough, very hard working dogs.

2 Likes