Two things I do not

I think I have been here long enough now to make a small criticism - I do not like the ‘badges’ - it’s like being back at school and winning a gold star for having homework in on time.

I loathe the irritating little blue box that pops up when making a new thread to tell me it is similar to another thread!

Sorry Azz - but those two are really off putting - for me anyway. Am still finding my way around the rest - with lots of help for which I am grateful.

3 Likes

Awe SilverScrooge, I quite like them. But I’m simple like that!

1 Like

It’s ok ST, you don’t have to like everything (but I hope you like enough things :blush:)

Unfortunately those can’t be switched on a user-by-user basis, but the good things about badges is once you’ve got most of them those notifications will be less frequent (some of them are actually quite neat, for instance when a post gets a lot of likes, or when a link you post gets lots of clicks, or when a thread of yours is linked to a lot) and I recently found the ‘similar threads’ pop-up while posting a new thread handy too (here). It’s also handy for when people might want to post a thread but haven’t noticed one already posted on the same topic… so I can definitely see the benefits, but also appreciate not everyone will like some of the features (but that’s ok - not everyone is going to like everything - there are a few things I a not fussed on myself :lol:)

3 Likes

Is there a finite number of them? Or will new ones be added when someone gets close. “Elusive” is a good word.

1 Like

Badges? They are listed here: Over 50s Chat :smiley:

Some of them can be awarded more than once (eg popular posts/links etc)

1 Like

Can’t you just give all of them to me now?

1 Like

I didn’t say it.Tabby did.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do. It was a bit of a shock to begin with - but now that I am finding my way round I do like most of it!

1 Like

Cheeky!

2 Likes

I have just looked at all the badges in the link Azz provided…

‘ Must Have’ for me is… the ‘Crazy In Love’ badge!! Only approx 499 hearts x 20 to go today!!Ha!!

Crazy in Love

Used 500 likes in a day 20 times

2 Likes