What is your favourite colour?

No - but I have seen green ones.

Perhaps that his favourite colours are Black and White?:smiley:

If that’s the case, why was the post so ambiguous.:wink:

You could always get a Blue Heeler then everything would match.

He would have swooned over my wardrobe then!

No, just forget it, it is really isn’t important!

Definitely Red. All things red. Except for the excessively ott bright red lipstick that seems to be all the rage lately. I miss my beautiful red Ferrari Dino. Wish I had never sold it.

My favourite colour varies according to my mood - sometimes it’s mauve, sometimes sage green and sometimes midnight blue.

Yes, thank you for that. It was my point. He is the right colour for what he is. But I wouldn’t want my car to be black and white like a US police patrol car.

Favourite colour has to be taken in the context of the subject in question.

http://i.imgur.com/LiGnyCg.jpg

It’s changed for me…when I was younger blue was favourite (many different shades of blue). then I liked pinks (pastels or fuchsia but not bright ‘barble pink’) but not too much of it. I like purples too and pinky-purpley-lilacs

dog colours have changed too…lol as a child I had a phobia of black dogs after been chased by one, so we had a golden lab cross and a small tricolour heinz 57 (who was more brown and white than black).

Many years later I ended up with dog that was mostly black! …then a black and white collie (Jess has more white that my last dog but still mostly black).

I like the little ‘ruby’ cavaliers .(every cavalier I’ve met seems really sweet natured) but they seem to have so many health problems that it seems perfectly ok for them to have heart problems and that awful brain condition they can get.

Oddly (pillar box) red was never a favourite colour for me though I’ve dyed my hair auburn before (it’s naturally dark brown) and had caramel and auburn highlights when I was young!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonder if that’s what would be called a Blue Merle Collie here?

https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+merle+collie&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB763GB763&oq=Blue+Mer&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.10279j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Beautiful dogs but blue in the shade that the car is.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB763GB763&ei=6YdIXbWTJI6agQaE14uoAw&q=metallic+blue+car&oq=metallic+blue&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i71l8.0.0..17441...0.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz.mtHB-EbuF-w

But I’ll cease now. My posts are being deleted for no good reason.

No a Blue Merle colour refers to either a Border Collie with that colouring. Rough Collies (ones that look like ‘Lassie’) and Shelties can also come in Blue Merle. (Border Collies can also come in ‘red merle’)

A ‘Blue Heeler’ is also known as an ‘Australian Cattle Dog’ and a different breed. There aren’t many in the UK, probably more popular in the US as working herding dogs (where they tend to have cattle more often than sheep). They originated from Australia though, hence the breed name.

Information appreciated, thank you.

Susan’s correct.

Often the Merles have blue eyes too, or sometimes only one blue eye.
You must not mate 2 Merles together either, but can’t remember the reason now - it’s me age. :smiley:

1 Like

No, not one of those, Blue Heelers are also known as an Australian Cattle Dog. A very intelligent working dog; I always wanted one but my Border Collie lived too long.

They are definitely blue, very tough, very hard working dogs.

2 Likes

Merle is a recessive gene, so if you cross two merle’s together the puppies have 25% chance of some become ‘double merles’ (carry 2 sets of Merle genes one from each parent) and born all white with sight and hearing problems and sometimes also problems to internal organs so some die very young.

As Rough (and smooth) Collie’s and Shelties are descended from Border Collies they can also carry the Merle gene.

These breeds also carry the merle gene: Australian Shepherd, Cardigan Welsh Corgi, Catahoula Leopard Dog, Chihuahua, Cocker Spaniel, Dachshund (called dapple), Great Dane (harlequin acts the same), Mudi, Old English Sheepdog, Pomeranian, and Pyrenean Shepherd.

1 Like

Inspired by @Bratti’s photo’s here, I was going to post a thread about favourite colours and the handy box that you see on the right when posting a thread told me one already existed - so here I am :003:

Anyway, I love oranges and yellows - because they just remind me of the sunshine :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Mine is Green - all forty shades!

2 Likes

Me too! I sure miss you Azure. I miss your beautiful creations that you used to post. Hope everything is going well for you.

1 Like

Hello Bratti

Nice to hear from you
I am still recovering from my son’s death and waiting for eye surgery too.
I do miss the my friends on OFF but at present can’t return as too many things going. I will look in from time to time.

Bet Wishes

Philomena