What is your favourite breakfast?

I recently discovered bircher, which I love, its so healthy and filling

1 Like

More for the ‘never-ending learning curve’. I had to look that one up and found it to be a muesli, it looks quite tasty. Better still there are various recipes too, that might make a change from my daily porridge:

:grinning:

2 Likes

There is nothing finer than a full English, but we only ever have one if we are away in a hotel or B&B. As a rule I have a half tin of grapefruit in juice, followed by two scrambled eggs on a slice of wholemeal toast, followed then by another slice of toast with marmalade. Occasionally I will have muesli instead of the scrambled eggs, and on holiday I will have a couple of rashers of bacon as well. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

That bacon looks to be just the way I like it cooked TBH.

2 Likes

Damn it I’m getting hungry now…just something else to get inside me :joy:

1 Like

Baz let me know what you think, I think it’s delicious with dried cranberries and sultanas, oooo I want some and it’s almost bedtime lol x

1 Like

Pancakes ( gluten free )

7 Likes

Lovely Bratti

1 Like

When I was young a cigarette and a coffee but I discovered a Little Chef and they did pancakes,maple syrup and ice cream.No healthy fruit like yours though.

3 Likes

Thank you Minx

I have my own indulgences but they weren’t ( arent ) cigarettes. :innocent:
Pancakes drowning in maple syrup would be my husband personal choice while I prefer a bit of fresh butter or whipped provolone cheese and heated berries. Quite often I put the berries inside the pancakes. That’s delicious too and around here there are so many fresh berries to choose from.

2 Likes

Thanks for looking up those bircher recipes. They look so good. I bookmarked them.

Thank you to LionQueen for mentioning them. A new thing to look into.

1 Like

Let me know if you try it. Hope you like it, so healthy and filling.

1 Like

When I eventually get round to it, sometimes it’s about 11.30 - 12pm, so I s’pose it’s more ‘brunch’ than brekkie - it’s porridge made with soya milk, as many frozen blueberries as I can cram in, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Yum. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh yummm. I didn’t see your write up so looked up Dutch baby pancakes and as soon as I saw them I thought they look like Yorkshire puddings with berries and I love Yorkshire’ puddings.

3 Likes

I have to differ…

Those aren’t really pancakes, they are pikelets. Maccas seems to have persuaded the rest of the world to call them pancakes but pancakes are the size of the frying pan much thinner and need tossing before being flavoured (my favourite is lemon juice and sugar) and rolled up.

3 Likes

My parents would agree with you. This is how we had them as kids. Exactly like that. Splashed with lemon juice and sprinkled with sugar and then rolled up. Raised in England we ate a lot of similar foods as many of you but once I got on my own, I Canadianized the pancakes being the rebel that I am. I fell in love with light fluffy pancakes. It became more of a dessert however I never fancied smothering them with maple syrup My father would have his with black strap molasses. Anyway I can make some wickedly delicious pancakes

2 Likes

Pikelets?
No. Fluffy pancakes. :shushing_face:

Those are called crepes.

I forgot to mention, so I’m glad Bruce reminded me, that the Dutch baby pancakes were dusted with confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar) and topped with lemon juice. I smothered it in sugar/lemon when I was young.

Only if you are French.

2 Likes

Or an American. We take stuff from everywhere. :laughing:

2 Likes