What is your favourite breakfast?

My breakfast consists of a cup of coffee made with all milk. I don’t have a breakfast and never have. Ok I know people say it’s the most important meal of the day but I only have one meal a day and that’s my evening meal. I might have a biscuit or even a fruit scone mid morning but that’s about it.

3 Likes

Porridge, with a cup of black coffee and a piece of toast, sets me up til lunch .

3 Likes

Nothing elaborate for me. Either poached egg and Stornoway black pudding or Lorne sausage. Other times muesli.

1 Like

That’ll teach you not to try and be a cheapskate with decent brekky cereal!
Never skimp with Cornflakes, Rice Krispies or Weetabix.
:grin:

1 Like

I usually have a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea. The cereal in favour at the moment is Kellogg’s Fruit n Fibre. And it has to be Kellogg’s - I have tried both the Tesco and Sainsbury copies and they are absolutely disgusting, like eating cardboard mixed with bits of inedible dried fruit, so hard they are impossible to chew.

But my absolute favourite, which I rarely have these days, is a traditional full English - egg, bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms and fried bread. No baked beans, hash browns, and definitely no black or white pudding, bleurgh :face_vomiting:. Followed by thickly buttered toast and a pot of tea. As I say, this is a very rare treat these days, with one eye on my weight and the other on my blood pressure and cholesterol :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you - there is a Morrison’s in town but it is not on a bus route - will have to sweet talk one of my neighbours! :grinning:

Well I like Porridge, we do alternate days, one day Porridge the next day Toast & Peanut butter. If we go on holiday to Devon in a Guest House then I will have Full English.

3 Likes

Just be aware that it can be pot luck whether they have some or not.
I don’t visit very often but it’s hit & miss in ours & more often miss.

My favourite breakfast would have to be Full English. However, with my health having to be considered, it’s porridge with a banana and other sliced fresh fruit almost every morning, followed by a coffee. Porridge is very good for reducing cholesterol levels. Very occasionally it’s a Full English at home, if away that’s the other time I will indulge myself with my favourite breakfast.
:grinning:

3 Likes

I tried Tesco’s own brand wheat biscuits too and you’re right, they were bloody awful compared to Weetabix. Over here, the price difference is more like £1.50 for a 24 biscuit box. I haven’t plucked up the courage to try the Sainsbury’s version, yet. :lol:

It used to be full English without a doubt, oh how I miss them.:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Well Baz, I put a few Blueberries in my Porridge, which are very healthy for you.

Yes I tried Aldi own make of Cornflakes, not the same, you must buy Kellogs.

2 Likes

For me it has to be the full English and a good sign of that has to be a good quality sausage. I have a few places near me that do a good breakfast so am lucky, it is more of a treat these days.

1 Like

We love full English on holiday. Usually go to go to a cafe but last time because of Covid I cooked it on the caravan stove, with only one small frying pan and an oven with only two temperatures, off and towering inferno!

The bacon got a bit over done because I had to keep it hot in the oven while I cooked the rest, but it didn’t ‘alf go down well. :yum::yum::yum:

9 Likes

Looks oh so tasty.

1 Like

I could murder that brekkie right now :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

It was good, and I get sooo hungry caravanning by the sea

It’s strange …people seem to have a better appetite when on holidays Maree :+1:

3 Likes

Scrambled eggs, garlic mushrooms, beans, bacon, sausage and hash browns with a side of buttery white toast.
And don’t forget a mug of tea

4 Likes