What is your favourite breakfast?

What is your favourite breakfast…mine has got to be a full English on weekends…the complete works :+1:

6 Likes

I used to eat a little porridge.

I haven’t eaten breakfast in a long time!.

I could never eat a full English breakfast, wishbone…my dad used to love his full English breakfast.:grin:

2 Likes

I don’t have a favourite but breakfast is usually based on oats, like this one:

Banana & Honey Porridge

5 Likes

Eggs Benedict or Eggs Florentine is my absolute favourite breakfast!!

6 Likes

My preference is pretty mundane, I like cereal best of all for breakfast.

Weetbix all year round, Porridge and Shredded Wheat in winter.

Even in Asia where breakfast is included in the room cost I tend to stick to cereal though I occasionally lash out with a couple of pieces of toast and some yogurt or fruit juice. My friends laugh at me as they gorge themselves on cooked food in the form of a buffet.

5 Likes

Ooh, mine too, I’m even a member of a Full English appreciation group :yum:

But there is a lot of debate over what makes a full English, hash browns are very controversial !

4 Likes

That looks so nice, I wish I liked porridge, it’s good for you, but bleugh! I think it’s the texture and that it doesn’t taste of much.

1 Like

Sadly nowadays there’s a huge difference between what my favourites are and what I can tolerate eating.

I adore kippers followed by a full cooked breakfast for example, and that was the usual whenever on holiday or on overnight visits.
Now I can barely cope with a bit of cereal and milk and a yoghurt and can’t even tolerate toast.

3 Likes

Weekdays - scrambled, poached or hard boiled eggs with toast.

Weekends - no contest - a full Irish!

3 Likes

I haven’t eaten a proper breakfast for years. I just grab a coffee & a cereal bar.

3 Likes

@SilverTabby what is the difference Between an English and Irish breakfast Tabby?

2 Likes

Traditionally - a full Irish is bacon, sausage, egg, fresh tomato, saute potatoes, black pudding, white pudding, and mushrooms - served with soda farls, lashings of butter and pots of tea! :grinning: :grinning:

None of the american influence that has crept into the English version such as hash browns, baked beans and coffee. Not saying they are not nice - just not Irish! :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

I haven’t eaten this in many years but an old favorite used to be a Dutch Baby pancake with a side of hash browns.

4 Likes

@wishbone - finding the white pudding in UK can be difficult - but Sainsbury’s have it now and then - so I stock up and freeze it!

2 Likes

@butterscotch - sounds good - will put it on my ‘must try’ list! :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

The one thing I can’t stand with my breakfast is black pudding…yuck

1 Like

If you’re near a Morrisons & especially the bigger ones, they sometimes have Irish white pudding.

2 Likes

Now I used to love Scottish black pudding, but not the English one because that’s always full of lumps of fat whereas Scottish isn’t.

3 Likes

Love a full English, but hold the b/pudding and mushrooms. I love baked beans and hash, and fried bread.

Or, simply Tesco’s cereal, or whole meal toast.

2 Likes

I bought Tescos Wheat Biscuits from Tescos in Malaysia, they were the worst cereal I had ever tasted not even close to the deliciousness of Weetbix. To add insult to injury Weetbix was only a couple of Ringgit more.

3 Likes