What have you done today?

I collected a great Fender stack system an old friend bequeathed to me together with his bass guitars. He was only a few weeks younger than me, so the loss of another twang man really hit home. . . RIP Trunkey :guitar::elephant::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

You say boodica i say bowdaseea :icon_wink:

1 Like

Great!
Have fun… I’m sure you’ll enjoy.

I say you could have built her a bloody good battery powered chariot.
I’m sure you would have been most favoured :wink:

We had an early start this morning to get some fresh groceries for the gang - 11 of them. Then they arrived. The food was excellent as usual, complments to my mussus. I took a few pics - I limit them but I thought…

1 Like

Shes going to break a few hearts when shes older .

Thanks Chilli, I could have done her proud, assuming she actually wanted to go somewhere :icon_wink:

1 Like

That she is. We have three grand children. This is another:

1 Like

Pity they have to grow up.

Today, I had the courage to eat breakfast alone. Then I visited Brainy Birds Parrot Rescue and Rehabilitation.

I volunteered to help on Saturdays from 09h00 to 14h00. It’s a long shift with lots of physical work involved covering two feeding times. But, I will be surrounded by beautiful birds and lots of other volunteers. It’s a change from my desk bound weekdays. I hate seeing birds caged though. :neutral_face:

Anakin - lovely :blush: name. He’s my favourite. He’s huge! More than the length of my forearm and palm.

2 Likes

Looks fun.I don’t like to see any bird caged.Do they get let out eventually?

1 Like

Excellent, Lady Minx !!
I’m glad you are doing that.

1 Like

Yes, they all have an opportunity to be let out. I’ll have to find out about the bigger beauties though. I’ll be sure to provide an update.

1 Like

Minx well done for taking the bull by the horns and volunteering I am myself looking for somewhere/something to volunteer with currently looking at the local hall gardens 1. Enjoy gardening. 2.Excercise. 3. People/new friends. 4 Learning something new.

Also often eat out alone never used to but do now on occasion I do also on nice days go to the nice hotels/castles etc and take a book and people watch from the terrace etc but have to say people have changed and lots of people are so fixated on their phones they never notice you, once you get past the “I am on my own warnings in your head”.

2 Likes

The usual, earned a bit, helped a bit, thought a bit, just another day at the office.

I am dog sitting in the ACT so I fed the dog, took it for a walk, read some of my book, watched some Netflix, partly packed the car to return to civilisation this evening when the owners return.

Have not used my car since I drove up here on Thursday and it is parked out in the open. An ideal time to check that the Aux battery is functioning enough to keep my car fridge running while relying only on the solar panel to charge it. All is good, the battery was about 12.6 volts each morning and 13.4volts during the day when the solar panel got the sun.

Feel confident that the battery is good and would last for ever running just the fridge.

Terrific!
They look a right bunch of characters…a bit pecky perhaps?
No plasters etc necessary I hope :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Disclaimer:

We are constantly inundated with images and videos of “Awwww” moments with parrots. We can’t deny that they’re cute and affectionate (to the right human). However – there is little emphasis on the “Owww” moments.

Parrots bite – whether it’s a small cockatiel or a cockatoo – the only difference is how much damage is inflicted. Our team of volunteers bear witness to these injuries. It’s not because the parrots are evil – it’s important you know this before you decide to take on a parrot. If you’re not up for the challenge – please reconsider. It’s the right thing to do.

I intend to be careful :exclamation:

2 Likes

Hi

Sorted out things ready for the visit from the OT tomorrow.

It will be an interesting meeting.

I am fully self funding, they want to charge me £30 an hour or £28 for each part of an hour.

Boris was going to put a limit on Care Costs, Rishi has cancelled that.

1 Like

I was given a Sulphur Crest parrot many decades ago (s)he was the grumpiest, most vicious animal I have ever come across. Released the damn thing after about two days of being attacked by it.

1 Like