What have you done today?

I was so pleased with my success yesterday at resetting my new NAS and copying over all the files from the old one that after mowing the grass, spraying Roundup on all the weeds I decided to work on my computer backups.

Previously on odd an even days my batch files would back up to a different NAS but now I have three!

Originally I had intended to abandon the old WD NAS but it is still working fine so decided to keep them all backing up my computer files so I spent a happy hour or so altering the batch file to copy the files over three days rather than two.

To add to the excitement I even knocked up a quick Excel file to prove that all three NASs were used equally - because obviously the odd/even thing was interrupted by a third player.

How good is that? even the batch file alterations worked first time.

Does life get any more exciting than this? and it is still only noon!

What language is this in ?

1 Like

COCD (computer obsessive compulsive disorder)

I got a new computer after 9.5 years. I had 1 little doc and a few 1000 pics (most of them rubbish of course) on the old one, I transferred to the new one.

1 Like

Don’t worry, time cures all, you’ll be fully recovered by the time you need your next computer.

1 Like

Yesterday I Visited the Royal Armoury fort Nelson Portsdown Hill

This has to be one of the biggest guns

The top

The bottom

It’s an amazing setting the Victorian fort and exhibition & it’s free!

1 Like

Are you sure they weren’t installing a new gas supply pipe Ripple

Good photos though
 :+1:

2 Likes

A nice and steady 22 miles on the bike before breakfast
I didn’t need the wet suit and flippers today

Mexican F1 qualifying after lunch, but I will have to wait until tomorrow for the race.

1 Like

I woke up in a very mellow frame of mind this morning.
My son made scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast while I listened to the lovely voice of Emma Kirkby courtesy of Alexa, no Ramones today.

I’ve prepped up some pumpkin seeds for roasting, very liberal with the Malden salt and a generous pinch of smoked paprika, bacon sarnies for lunch and roast chicken for dinner .

The rest will follow :wink:

1 Like

I will watch live - but I won’t spoil it for you!

1 Like

Yes you could some damage with that

I have been typhoon proofing the house as we are under Typhoon 3 and possibly expecting a Typhoon 8 tomorrow.

Where aboutbouts are you Mei ?

Cleaned out the guinea pigs, got some balloons for Charles birthday, cleaned out the fire, put the washing on, bought 5 new wall lights for the new driveway, made a cup of tea, refilled my Haribo pot and made garlic bread and soup for lunch.

Not a lot. The groomer took Max to her salon. She is very good with him and I think it is mutual. In the meantime my wife took Ozzie to the vet. He has a problem with his vision. Not quite where we are going with that one but it isn’t cataracts.

Then I painted boards for the lounge pelmet. The curtains are rather heavy so I needed some reinforcing for the boards.

Staring to get ready for our cruise next month and get some shopping for the wife. Managed to book a studio for a photography session in a few weeks time.

Strolled the dogs then went to get my hear aid fixed - after several months. It’s not perfect but it is better.

Today (and yesterday), I spent from 3pm to 7pm in an eye hospital, followed by from 7pm to 1pm in A&E, most of the latter time being waiting for a ward for my daughter to be sent to.

I hope she’s OK

2 Likes

Thanks.

I hope your daughter will be better soon, Dex.

1 Like