What have you done today?

Ah, hotels here are pubs they are dirt cheap to stay at for a reason - no parking (usually), no ensuite and noisy.

No, this place had the ensuites and the creaky floorboards, it was the four AM conversation that took the biscuit.

Thanks for the info , l looked up lipoma , possibly causes lack of exercise ,obesity or as I believe it to be inherited genetics.
I say that as he is a lightweight at almost 9 kilos and enjoys walking.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad itā€™s harmless. Ours was not but - cancer it was. But it was removed, thankfully. This was just before Covid mess otherwise the Vet wouldnā€™t have been to operate.

3 Likes

Quick test for lumps. If you can move it with the skin no real problem
However if you cannot and feels like attached to a bone then can be serious and get to a vet asap

2 Likes

Poor dogā€¦finding out what itā€™s like to be a 60-watt bulb, and how to have the loudest bark in the neighbourhood! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Welcome aboard, MDā€¦have yerself some fun! Watch out for that really weird member, though. It says, here, ā€œInsane, bad breath at both ends, and should have been drowned at birthā€. OH, NO, SORRYā€¦I mistakenly read the doctorā€™s notes on my birth certificate!

2 Likes

As it happens, he tolerated it quite well and no barking with it.

So today we walked the dogs as usual. Then I went to the convenience store to get some groceries for Ozzieā€™s mum and some cider for me later on. Then we went digging in the garden with my new augur. I did the digging and my wife planted plants. Then watched F1, cider in handā€¦

Thanks Bes, I forgot that F1 was on this weekā€¦
:+1:
Silly times though so Iā€™ll have to record it and watch it mondayā€¦
:shushing_face:

Yes. There seems to be a lot of conversity at the moment between Verstapen, Hamilton, Toto Wolf and Christian Horner. I think it seriously detracts from the sport.

1 Like

I agree Besoeker, I think the drivers shouldnā€™t drive for a particular team, but draw lots from a hat to see which car they will be driving for each race. Then we will see who emurges as the best driver.

1 Like

Yep OGF, there has been so much unnecessary hype this last few tears, the system is slowly rebalancing.

1 Like

I lost interest in F1 years ago but donā€™t the drivers themselves bring vast (and I mean VAST) amounts of sponsorship to the racing marques? if there was a pool of drivers and their vehicle drawn by lot this money would all be lost to the companies.

F1 would die or become like NASCAR or V8 Supercars with all the cars being identical and the only point of difference being the badge and a bit of bolt on body work.

Oh bless her or him?

Oh poor max .
My dog Mungo has a lipoma too but itā€™s not cancerous and the vet says leave it until it causes him any trouble .

Ripple and Muddy thank you both. The cancer for Max was removed and there has been no recurrence since. Of course we ask the Vet to check it regularly.

There would still be the constructors team Bruce, and they would still be producing their own individual car, and they would still need points for the constructors championship. But it would be hobsons choice which driver they would get in each race. They would all want Verstappen or Hamilton. I think it could work, it would certainly make it more exciting.

Back to topicā€¦
A dark, misty, murky morning with clouds almost down to the soggy puddle filled roads, and although it was mild, the rain didnā€™t look too far awayā€¦
I got less than a mile before the heavens opened. I donā€™t like cycling in the rain and I was in two minds whether or not to turn back. Puddles obscure the potholes and its best to avoid standing water just incase, not so easy on a busy road. Fortunately my 15 mile route takes me out on wild deserted country roads, and traffic is to a minimum, especially on a Sunday.

I was feeling good, and with very little wind to slow me down I made the decision to carry on.
Rain blurred my vision as it splashed onto my riding specs, and although I felt cosy and warm, the rain felt like needle pricks on my bare legs.
About five miles and making good progress a chap passed me with a cheery good morning. He was lit up like a christmas tree, and I felt a little bit guilty for failing to fit the bike lights I bought yesterday, a job for laterā€¦

Good bloody morning indeed! I gave chase when I realised he had turned right at the junction, and it was the same way I was going. It was a long straight road and I had him in my sights, but unfortunately I wasnā€™t closing on him, he was a strong rider, and he was gaining ground, so after a couple of miles and feeling short of breath, I let him goā€¦Maybe next timeā€¦ :biking_man:

The Sigma bike computer has turned out to be a best buy and it came out just three tenths of a mile out over 15 miles. Thatā€™s the second time this year that Iā€™ve been impressed by German engineering. The Bosch cordless drill I bought earlier in the year is the beeā€™s knees, but I could never drive a German motorā€¦They are for the rich (Mercedes) Young spunks (BMWā€™s) and Tossers (Audi)ā€¦Jury is still out on VWā€™sā€¦
:sunglasses:

Iā€™m off to dry my bike off and fit those bike lights in the garage now, itā€™s chucking it down here and is forecast for the rest of the day with some lightning thrown in for good measureā€¦
:cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_lightning: :zap:

1 Like

Out with ā€œMrs Grahamā€ buying yet more Christmas decorations. Any more and our ceiling will collapse under the weight of the countless boxes of Christmas stuff we have already. Every year, she insists on buying more, but will not throw out all the old stuff we never use.

Actually it wasnā€™t started today but it is an ongoing mission.

I bought a new QNAP NAS (Network Attached Storage) a couple of months ago and I set it up according to innumerable Youtube videos. However I was not happy, there were four 6Tb HDDs in it but it only had 12.8Tb of usable space which was almost exactly the same as my now unsupported Western Digital NAS with its four 4Tb HDDs has. Anyway it was what it wasā€¦

Or so I thought. I had a couple of problems with it so I started reading the manual all 560pp of it. To cut a long story short I reformatted the HDDs set the NAS back to factory defaults and started again. Now I have 16Tb of usable space.

This is all very good but for the last day and a half it has been copying the files - particularly all my movie and TV files - from the old NAS to itself. Fortunately I donā€™t have to sit and watch it nor do I have to keep any of the computers running it is purely the NAS to NAS transaction (theyā€™re clever these machines).

Probably be finished by tomorrow. :slight_smile: