What have you done today?

Our house in cool in summer. Cool in winter too, but warms up quickly.

[quote=ā€œd00d, post:937, topic:90610ā€]

I thought Iā€™d stumbled on to a Polska site by accidentā€¦
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Today, I managed to finish off some prep work to re-lay some block paviours. Also took my daughterā€™s car for a mini valet and managed to keep a random fella who sidled up to me happy. He said he had all sorts of personality disorders and described several ongoing issues with all manner of authrities, and had even been to prison a few years back. That was fun!!

Also managed to nip to Wickes and buy some cement and pea shingle. Crikey, to think i used to shift those bags with consummate ease. One of each gave me palpitations today.

Just finished with a bit of watering in the garden and feeding tomorite to relevant crops.

Goodness ā€¦ hope you have a good time.

@Dextrous63 ā€¦ it all sounds energetically industrious.
Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ve slobbed. I did a painting, scoffed two magnums and now Iā€™ve hit my exhaustion tipping point.

2 Likes

Champagne or chocolate covered ice cream?

Mr B and I drove our son and grandson to Bristol airport. They were on their way to Naples (there by now!) as the first step in a trip which my son promised his boy on completion of his GCSEā€™s. So itā€™s going to be 7 flights, 7 countries, 7 days. They havenā€™t planned beyond Naples, where theyā€™ll book another flight to another country, to leave tomorrow late afternoon, giving them time to do a bit of sight seeing in and around Naples first. So of course it all depends on what flights leave Naples late afternoon!

Not the best way to spend a sweltering hot day, but thank heavens Mr B had the air con re-gassed recently - would have been hell otherwise.

1 Like

Iā€™d be legless :grin:

Iā€™ve not done much today. I am seriously fed up with this heat.

Went to a couple of local shops.
Watered & fed a few plants.
Read a bit, and did a crossword.
Had a chap round to talk about new bathroom flooring.
Then been reading up on how to take cuttings from my carnivorous plants.

You be careful they donā€™t bite Mups

Hah, yes, I hadnā€™t thought of that Morti.
What would I do without you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I am thinking of getting a pitcher pot one of those red ones are they easy to keep?

These plants fascinate me, Muddy. Iā€™ve got about a dozen now, of about 5 different sorts.
They are bog plants, so mostly need to stand in a tray or container of water. They canā€™t have tap water either, because of the chemicals in it.
At the moment, because my water butts are not filling up, I am having to buy distilled water for them.

See if either of these very good sites help you decide, Muddy.

https://www.triffidnurseries.co.uk/care.php

Or . .

Do you remember this?(I used to work with his brother,my only claim to fame)

Apparently I was at infantā€™s school with Brian Jones and at the Grammar with Noel Redding - donā€™t remember either of them

Most of the people I went to school with ended up with careers in the prison service or alcohol rehabilitation centresā€¦

1 Like

Not alcoholic inmates then? Thatā€™s something.

1 Like

Hi
I have spent hours watching two small birds in a bush outside the window eating small white berries on a tall thorny bush.

I have tried to get a photo but there is some sort of one way reflective film on the glass.

About the same size as a sparrow but not as dumpy.

Very slender and elegant and quite comical in their movementsā€¦

Nothing much done today.
Iā€™ve been into town, got a bit of shopping, called in the vets to pick up some meds, had lunch and done some washing, and thatā€™s about it.

Just finished using the leaf blower to get the worse of the dust and cobwebs out of where well be sitting outside later. Luckily the tomorite I used last night has made a huge difference to a tomato plant that our friends who are coming over gave us, and it looks a darn sight more healthy than this time yesterday. One less potential embarrassment.

Just time to doze my way through some Judge Judy before my second shower of the day, just before I go to pick our friends up.