What have you done today?

Lazy morning. Made light lunch. Went to the coast with OH and watched people in boats and on paddle boards. Loads of kids swimming and making mud slides. Had a long walk and it was SO hot. had a cool drink and watched kids catching gilly crabs.

Done very little of what I had planned to, but that’s the way it goes sometimes isn’t it.

I watered my plants - again.
Did a cooked brekkie (my Sunday treat to myself).
Put some wire over several tubs which the damned squirrels keep digging out. Grrr . . .
Put some new blades in a couple of big hacksaws, plus couple of junior ones too.
Had dinner this evening, then did some ironing afterwards.

I can agree with you there, Tabs. I found the installation particularly difficult for some reason though and had to get my IT Fella in to sort it out for me.

Was off on my bike down the village at 9am to get my nails done. Cycled back with a bit of a detour as the air was so lovely and fresh. Put washing in. Postman came with a begging letter from RNLI. i used to donate to them as we live by the coast and know what a great job they do.

However, I read the letter and there was no mention of them picking up thousands of illegal immigrants so I wrote across the form “Sorry but I will no longer donate to you while you are operating a free taxi service for illegal immigrants.”

my friend is an onshore volunteer for them so she helps gets the boats ready when there is a shout and she loves her work and her colleagues but she says she doesn’t agree with what they’re doing either and when she’s down the lifeboat station so many people come and tell her that they will not donate for the same reason.

It is 27C here so am going into the slightly cooler garage to sort out some boxes of china.

I was going to do some serious cleaning and sorting out
but the hot weather has won, so it’s coffee and telly time instead. :smiley:

1 Like

Decorating a north facing room, still warm though, but not like our south facing rooms.

1 Like

Oh I had so many plans this morning when I got up at half 5 or whenever it was. So far I have eaten, done laundry & assorted housework, watered the plants and been out with the dog a few times in the sunshine. But mostly I have been sitting here on the forum, fanning myself with a rolled up paper, wishing it wasn’t quite so warm :roll_eyes:

I got up early to avoid the heat , went to the fruit farm ready for its opening and picked 12 Kilo of plums then bought them home, stoned them and put them in the freezer. Not sure I will be able to walk tomorrow after carrying the plums some distance from field to farm :cry: my back is already complaining.

1 Like

Been making blackcurrant jam 
. Having a coffee while it cools a little before I can ladle into jars

Plum jam ? delicious

1 Like

Out for lunch, watched some Netflix, opened a bottle of Champagne (a present from 10 years ago) sat in the garden amused by Ms d00d who rarely drinks, talking about the old days, when she first met me and all that. Cooked my favourite duck breast & rice. She loves me even more.

That sounds good I have never cooked duck

12 kilos !
Too much Meg you need a little donkey to carry it for you .

1 Like

Whatever makes her happy.

1 Like

Sorry I have corrected my unfortunate typo :blush:

1 Like

Took a box of china to charity shop which I sorted out in garage yesterday. Went to Home Bargains, then Aldi.
had a Macdonalds for lunch, beautifully air conditioned in there.
Came home and flopped.

Too hot outside for me, dreading the next few days when it is hotter still. :anguished:
What is the point of a beautiful summer if we’re stuck indoors!

Spent nearly all day sorting some things out. Making phone calls, looking up things on the internet, researching dog health and Laboratory tests, then spoke to the council, spoke to my GP, did a bit of washing, the usual watering of plants, cooked bangers/mash/mushrooms for tea, and am now looking at a beautiful restful sunset outside my window. :yum:

Worked 7.30am to 3.30pm, went to visit Dad straight from work, spent an hour with him, came home, dropped off for 20 minutes with Loki on my knee, came upstairs to the craft room and I’ve spent all evening up here crafting and doing some card orders I had from my Etsy shop. Just got out the bath, ready for it all to begin again tomorrow.

Groundhog day but at least the 2nd half of day is enjoyable lol

Made a Diamond Wedding Card. Photos in Hobbies section - if the Bots have left it there.

Ordered a dozen $6 meals from Pantry@Corrimal to put in my freezer. Then drove up there to get them. Not sure if I will go as often because they have reduced their menu with their success.

There is some sun today o will get all my washing done.