What have you done today?

Today we had the gardeners for some landscape gardening. All good. It’s replacing some decking at the end of the garden - the decking was a bit rotten and rather slippery. So we have that bit of it being levelled and new turf. Should be done by the end of the day tomorrow.

While that was going I had a long walk with the dog. I had a later one whilst dodging the showers.

2 Likes

Not really - no. Work in progress.

1 Like

Wow, sounds lovely.
You have been busy.

2 Likes

Regarding the Rumtopf - I decided to put them on local Facebook selling site and sold them for £25 within an hour. I said to hubby I will stick them on and if they don’t sell by weekend I will take them to charity shop. Also sold a pile of plates.

It was fun! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

This morning I voted in the Federal Election at the pre-poll booth. When I started pre-poll voting the place was empty with one booth now they are expecting 50% of the vote to be pre-poll - the election is on the 21st May.

My new filament arrived today as did my 20 608ZZ bearings (all you enthusiastic skate boarders would be familiar with them) so I loaded the new stuff into my printer and printed out one half of the plan I downloaded for a spool holder.

I only printed out half because I wanted to check the fit but it is perfect so am now printing out three more parts to make a set. Each part takes about an hour to print so they should be ready by 6pm (my time)

The whole thing can be seen here:

BTW I have 16 of these bearings left (they are 40c each) so expect more projects using them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Builders arrived Monday morning and prepared to dismantle my old decaying garden wall.
The large skip deposited where the gates used to be, prevents any kind of vehicular access to my drive, including wheely bins and fat people. Mrs Fox will just have to struggle through… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Young Josh, who is always on his phone, dug out the footings on Tuesday while the bricky started on the pillars.
It rained all day yesterday and the bricky was on another job. Josh finished digging out the footings and went home at lunch time, leaving my front garden looking like a bomb site.
All my plants and shrubs have been destroyed, but I managed to save the acer, so far!
No work today, but five packs of bricks arrive sometime today, and two large bags of sand.
Mrs Fox is not happy…
:worried:

1 Like

Work. But, let’s no go there…

Elderly aunt emailed to say her fridge was leaking. Went there to find the fridge bit was working fine but the freezer below was jam pack with rotting stuff. Cleaned it all out. She’s old and frail, don’t think she needs to hoard smoked salmon and sausages. But we’ll see.

Watched “Hidden Assets” Irish cop drama on iPlayer. Can’t wait for the follow up.

2 Likes

Lots of high fiving going on in the office I hope. How I miss that.

More like showing them their errors and they say that they won’t do anything about it just yet because it would make ‘us’ look incompetent! £&%#*

Us???

Watched tin just start to pick up watched cyber-gelt continue to tank. Buying on the dip is always scarry but can be useful. I wouldn’t go near cyber though. I do watch the $US with interest though. Wouldn’t touch it - it’s got nothing behind it.

Been to work, finished at lunchtime (got 3 days off now woohoo) came home, had lunch, went to meet a friend for coffee, went to Dads, came home and came straight up to my crafty hideaway and got busy making a house sign for my boss. Gonna run the bath now and have a nice soak and a read.

1 Like

Had a friend round for coffee who I bumped into the other day having seen her only once in 50 years. We were super trendy when we were 16/17 so we had a great catchup and a good laugh.

Had to collect daughter and drop her off in town so I did a trawl of the charity shops. I am going on hols in early June and have bought some lovely brand new clothes for evenings but needed new tops and T shirts for messing about in the day. I hit lucky, brand new animal print shorts £4.50, navy top £2.99 and orange top £2.50 both tops really good makes and look like they haven’t been worn. Dead chuffed!
I bought another pair of shorts for £8 in Asda yesterday and a lace effect top for £10.

On way home called to see friend and her hubby who had a new hip a few weeks ago and he is like a new man. He is completely pain free, off all morphine patches, cocodamol and tramadol! He paid privately because he had suffered dreadful pain for several years and it cost him £14K but he said he has got his life back!

2 Likes

I made it through the day. Barely. Sick as a dog. I’m so glad it’s the weekend but my son has booked us a movie :movie_camera: for tomorrow - Dr. Strange

I hope I will be well enough to enjoy it. I do love my Marvel and DC Comic movies!

1 Like

Just watched a spectacular tropical thunderstorm .

1 Like

Yesterday … went to Waitrose at Westfield London, bought duck breasts, and a couple of other things. Came home, watched a movie on iPlayer. Took a “Vintage” pic (lots of fiddling around there). Cooked duck, served with rice.

Planted up one side of the front garden, that’s all my back would allow :angry:

Bought some lemons and extra full fat milk - am now in the process of makings curds. Hopefully by morning it will be ready to use.

Ogled Martin Shaw in a couple of episodes of ‘The Professionals’ and laughed at some of the fashions! Had a cold shower.

Ogled Martin Shaw as ‘Judge John Deed’ - need another cold shower now!

1 Like

I went out for lunch with my daughter and grandson it was fun :slight_smile: