What have you done in the garden today?

I particularly like the Fuschias.

2 Likes

Yes i like fuchsias a lot and the bees like them too.

I don’t know much about flowers. I just like to take pictures - just a wee hobby.

1 Like

Doing a lot of weeding in the back garden, lots of dock plants and stinging nettles.

sunny day, just right for Mrs M to do some border tidying up :grinning:

1 Like

I have two seedlings from the Lavatera Shrub that I sowed growing , the buds on one shrub failed to open , so i picked the bud open set it and here i am with two growing , I’ve put them on the kitchen window sill now its turned cold in the greenhouse …

1 Like

Walked round the back and dragged the garden waste bin out for collection. :wink:

Deadheaded the roses and re planted a hyacinth bulb that had been dug up by a cat or fox.

These are Sweet Peas sowed them last month , and they are in the Green House till next year .

Dug up the Christmas tree from the garden and potted it up ready to bring indoors. I do that every year until it becomes too big for the container then I start again.

1 Like

Nothing today son came to visit.

Oh I cleaned up the leaf debris yesterday and put it in the brown bin for collection, only nobody collected it :frowning_face: Mildly annoying having to bring it back in from the front street, but hopefully next time it will be picked up.

1 Like

walked round it twice

I got 4 large cardboard boxes and i broke them up to put around the azaleas in the back garden.

put the tree fern to bed

Nothing! however, yesterday I received some loose rooted Double Hollyhocks which I ordered months ago. i usually have the usual single flowered hollyhocks but these are glorious.

there were no instructions about when to plant them just what depth etc. Can anybody tell me if they will be OK to plant straight out in the soil now?if so, I will do that tomorrow. It does say “Plant asap”.

Yes RoseRed you can plant them straight away, they’re a biennial or perennial.

1 Like

Thanks logan. Will plant tomorrow.

1 Like

Your welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Last Monday i started emptying the compost bin but had to stop half way through because my back was aching too much. Didn’t get to finish it i caught a cold off hubby. So i haven’t done anything else since then and next week i hope to start putting up the Christmas tree and decorations.