What have you done in the garden today?

the daffs are showing through, marked where they are in the wild garden

1 Like

Trying to set up feeding stations for the birds. I want to help them through the winter, but I do wish they would learn some manners. Big birds scare off little birds, squirrels run amok stealing everything in sight, and cats prowl around licking their lips in anticipation. Why canā€™t they learn to queue? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

:grinning::grinning:and then a mob of starlings arrive in formation.

2 Likes

Froze my butt off changing the birds water and putting out food

Itā€™s 3 degrees outside here

1 Like

We donā€™t get starlings anymore

They come to our freshly filled feeders like locusts. I have tried feeders in different locations, doesnā€™t work though. :grinning:

1 Like

When there are lots of them all at once, I find them quite scary, itā€™s like Hitchcock The Birds

:scream::eagle::eagle::eagle::eagle:

You are soo right, itā€™s very scary, I can handle a few but when itā€™s a dozen plus :scream:
They tend to knock the feeders off the stands. Which is ok for the ground feeders I suppose :grinning:

1 Like

hung my washing out!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not a lot at the moment

Started weeding around the polyanthus to see if the crocuses are coming up and to put some potted crocus in vacant places.

1 Like

i have some daffs coming through , i think i may have a lost a couple of shrubs in frosty days .I will leave them in situ and hope they shoot again

1 Like

Looked at it. We have some echius (or echium) and I am hoping they havenā€™t died. they look very sorry for themselves, all the leaves are almost black and limp.

1 Like

had a walk around, usual ecsh day maybe twice on a dry day, planning ahead

1 Like

Yes Iā€™d leave them for a long time, last year i thought that i lost a lupin plant and was just about to dig it up , but there was a few shoots coming up.

1 Like

Pock up the poo bags every day since you ask.

iā€™ve about 80 containers stored down the bottom of the garden with spring bulbs in, mainly daffs, but some crocus, some tulips, brought them out today, cleaned them up, and placed around the garden

1 Like

Finished the weeding around the polyanthus so that i could see the crocuses coming up.

Replanted the crocuses that a pesky squirrel has dug up

1 Like

Nothing today itā€™s raining again