What have you done in the garden today?

Hi

A very gentle stroll in the garden with Paula.

My pulse and BP has gone mad today, so good job she was here.

It was great to get out though.

Watering of veg part of garden done and got the wireless control of it working.

Tap and valve in big water bin done and being filled.

All in all, not a bad day.

2 Likes

some serious pruning

1 Like

Keeping things watered, you wouldnā€™t think we had some heavy rain a week ago, just showā€™s the power of the sun.I donā€™t bother watering the grass, it only means cutting it more.

1 Like

Before it got too hot i picked some more fruit, do some watering later.

sweat

Swept up lots of broken glass. My wifeling tried to move a heavy glass topped table with disastrous results. Yes toughened glass does break.

1 Like

Picked some gooseberries, all Iā€™ve got to do is top and tail them, later do some deadheading

3 Likes

Not a lot, watered all the tubs and baskets, also the greenhouse and tied up the tomato plants a bit more, they are so bushy this year. Keep trying to fall over.

What sort are you growing this year, Rox?
Do you always have the same variety?

Gorgeous goosegogs !

1 Like

Hi

Watched Wendy working hard in mine until it got too hot for her.

1 Like

Wee Cherry ones, I usually have Gardenerā€™s Delight but couldnā€™t get them this year. I would need to go out to the greenhouse and rake for the label, I canā€™t remember what they are called.

1 Like

Picked some more blackcurrants earlier for the freezer, then picked some tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce for a couple of neighbours. That time of year when everything ripens at once and you canā€™t eat it fast enough, although itā€™s a joy to distribute the glut locally. Beans are looking good now Iā€™ve got the blackfly under control, I reckon a couple more weeks and weā€™ll be having a boilingā€¦

1 Like

Tes, Gardeners Delight are usually a nice reliable one, arenā€™t they.
I usually only have three plants, thatā€™s plenty for just me.
This year I felt a bit more adventurous and Iā€™m growing 3 different varieties to see which does best.
Iā€™ve got -

1. Red Cherry (cherry)
  2. Gardeners Delight (medium)
  3. Akron (large)

Never tried Akron before, so looking forward to trying it. Itā€™s growing really well, and got loads of big toms on it, so far, so good.

3 Likes

Today:

2 Likes

Found the wee label. they are called Sweet Millions.

Watching it suffer, not so much the heat but the lack of rain , wait and see shortage of carrots and spuds , small Apples .

1 Like

Iā€™ve had those before,Rox. They are really tiny from what I remember, but good flavour.
Good luck with yours.

I love the little ones in salads, but I find they are no good for slicing for sarnies etc, so that is why I grow some big and some small ones.

2 Likes

watered all the containers and the ferns, and the raised border

1 Like

Took a photo of my first Passion Flower

2 Likes