What footwear do you have on indoors?

It might be an idea for me to buy another pair of my fave Velcro fastening ones from Shoezone, to wear just indoors! But knowing me, I’d forget and go out in them. I even keep another pair by the back door, for wearing out to the garden, and to the bins.

:022::022: Please, Mrs Supervisor, Foxy’s nicked me slippers. :089::089: :lol::lol:

Errrrr! :017: Doesn’t warm air rise Carol?

You must be a very practical man, and have got extremely good taste Percy…:038::wink:

Meg - thank you so much for recommending the Rohde’s - they arrived early this morning and are so comfortable I haven’t taken them off since! Going to order another pair.

I am usually in bare feet. Shorts and nothing up top usually complete the look. If it is really hot I substitute the shorts for underpants. Not a good idea to go out in the back garden with the same attire. A neighbour complained once and a ‘plastic policeman*’ came round and suggested I took a little bit more care. (* support officer).

Don’t worry David, I’ve had the same complaints…:frowning:

I was thinking of doing that but my kitchen floor is tiled and I’m afraid of slipping .
I wear leather mules but the soles drag so on carpets .
I haven’t tried those clog type things …forgotten the name
Thinking about buying some Scholls ,don’t know why because I never wore them when they were fashionable .
So I’m looking for something , I know not what , but I’ll know when I see them .

1 Like

We have laminate floors in the kitchen and the hallway. They are easy to clean. We have a dog so we walk a lot so our footwear is the foot ware is the same - quality boots. Grisport.

Are you thinking of Crocs?

I think they are comfy, but the bit where the strap meets the shoe bit, can rub due to the button attachment.

I wear these Toes&Feet Women’s 2-Pack Black Padded Cushioned Anti-Slip Grips Yoga Pilates Ballet Barre PiYo Socks With Elastic Strap : Amazon.co.uk: Clothing or Slipper socks having been told a good few years ago by a Doctor after my Dad had a fall the biggest cause of falls in elderly is slipper and footwear and he recommended none slip slipper socks or bare feet. If I go up the garden, I wear these Rohde Neustadt D 1440 Womens Clogs : Amazon.co.uk: Shoes & Bags

1 Like

I like those ballet shoe type things, but since I am always stubbing my toe, they are probably not the best.

Clogs are slippy…as in my feet slide out of them…

I just wear boot slippers. They have a hard sole for nipping outside quickly, but are snuggly enough for indoors.

I wear the closed clogs as above and use the strap at the back of my foot to hold in. Dn’t like open toed shoes as I too have a habit of toe stubbing

1 Like

I have an old pair of cheapo croc type things from Shoe Zone. One of the straps was broken so I ripped them both off and they’ve served as my slippers ever since.

Very practical, if they get bespattered in the kitchen then it’s no hassle to run them under the hot tap with a little washing up liquid.

Okay, not the last word in luxury but I’m not really the paisley smoking jacket and cravat type.

1 Like

Either bare feet or slippers…but right now because of builders i think I need hobnailed boots :slight_smile:

Hi

I am becoming a firm fan of non slip socks.

I’m retired now but when I worked on industrial sites I wore steel toecaps. Toetectops. They were mandatory.

Indoors bare footed, sometimes slippers but not very often, kick off shoes in porch.

I generally wear trainers with a light or natural rubber sole… so that it doesn’t darken the (cream) carpet. I’ve found that black soled footwear is terrible for doing that! I also wear sliders (usually after a bath) and I’m not afraid to wear them with socks :lol:

Oooh they’re expensive arn’t they? I recognise the name .
You don’t wear your boots around the house tho ?