What footwear do you have on indoors?

Slippers, I love them & am always buying yet another pair.

Real sheepskin things, sorta slippers but with a leather sole. Worn inside out.

Well how many sheep have the wool inside?

Couldn’t possibly live indoors without a pair of slippers Jazzi.
I can’t ever remember a time when I didn’t have a pair.
Usually hard soled ones from M&S…Most outdoor shoes don’t get past the doormat…:018:

Barefeet for me indoors. I am not as fanatic as my daughter about shoes worn in the house but I usually remove then once I sit down.

Actually I am usually barefooted in the garden too though my doctor complains that I shouldn’t because of hard skin around my heels - he reckons it dries out the skin. I soon know if there are Bindis in the lawn!

Whats bindis Brucy? Is it the ossie name for devil thorns??
A sort of four cornered thingy which always has a spike pointing
upwards??

Donkeyman!

slippers and I like a new pair at Christmas

Moccasins and occasionally slipper socks here.

I also have a pair of slipper boots for the really cold days, they are nice and cosy to wear, :smiley:

Robust socks, (for winter) can’t beat them.

I was once discussing with a friend at work what to buy my parents for Christmas. He replied that he bought his parents slippers every year. It wasn’t you was it paula?

I never used to wear anything in the house, just bare feet.

Now I couldn’t be without socks and slippers - my feet are always cold. I must be getting really old :010:

I’ve two pairs of winter slippers and two pairs of summer slippers. Well, actually I lie. I’ve three pairs of winter slippers. A couple of years ago Miss Madam bought me some of those UGG slippers, which I still haven’t worn - I don’t want to dirty them :slight_smile:

She said they have proper soles so I can wear them for going outside ( to the bins etc).
Wear them outside - No!!! :surprised:
Slippers shouldn’t be worn outside, that’s the whole point of wearing slippers - to keep carpets clean and feet warm. Yes? No?

These are the Uggs:

Slippers should only be worn by Shufflers.

You mean like these shufflers :-p

Thank you, Meg. Just been and ordered a pair!

Shoes usually. I’m in and out of the house so often that I’d be changing from slippers to shoes, shoes to slippers annoyingly often. Also, I find that because shoes are generally close fitting, they can keep the feet warmer in the winter.

Plus there’s the fact that slippers or socks don’t protect the feet from accidents. Kick a door jamb, table-leg or other obstacle accidentally with shoes on or spill hot liquid and feet will come to no harm. Not so with slippers, socks or bare feet.

Having said that, in the coldest of winter evenings when everything is done and the house locked up, I will sometimes put on a pair of fur-lined slippers that come up to the ankle.

Yes Pesta, my point exactly (keeping carpets etc clean)

Mart, I do agree with you there in some ways. I can’t count how many times I have slammed my toes into something hard!!!

And good to see most of you agree about keeping shoes near the front door. I clean my floors each week with the Flash disposable cloth, and it’s barely dirty. My porch floor, on the other hand…needs sweeping or vacuuming regularly.

These are my crocs. I wear them all the time indoors.

https://i.postimg.cc/MKHVkZ4G/crocs.jpg

1 Like

What footwear do you have on indoors?

I usually walk all over Mrs Fox…:-D:-D:-D

[SIZE=“1”]Runs for cover…[/SIZE]

Bit cold in the winter Carol…Brrrrrrrrrrr…:surprised:

Nah - my house is modern - we have central heating! :smiley:

My sister had an accident like that in the home. Her little toe was broken so badly that it stood out at a 90 degree angle to her foot. I think there is something to be said for wearing proper protective footwear (shoes) indoors. Shoes might also save injury from accidentally dropping something on the feet.

I have different shoes of course. The ones used indoors aren’t those worn for the allotment or gardening. The soles are usually fairly clean.