What everyday food do you really not like?

I used to think that I liked all veg after a while eating them I went off them, it was sweet potato and celeriac, couldn’t eat them at all.

2 Likes

To be honest I get really fed up that I like just about everything I sometimes wish I was a fussy eater it might make cutting down easier if I’m on a diet :slight_smile:

If I have to say one thing that turns me off its snotty eggs you know when eggs are not cooked through…I don’t like that…oh and I just remembered now I live next to a field of sheep and I’ve got to know them I couldn’t eat lamb…not ever!

2 Likes

Snotty eggs!! :rofl: ewwww. You have a way with words but yes, undercooked eggs are gross.

2 Likes

Yes I agree and I know what you mean about eggs, and yet when it comes to scrambled eggs I’d rather have them a little bit on the runny side than overcooked and rubbery.

3 Likes

I feel the same about venison. We once went to a lovely NYE in a hotel in the Cotswolds but I froze when I realised the main was venison. I’m sure it was delicious but it’s still Bambi.

2 Likes

I used to feel that way about Okra. But have since eaten it having realised there are ways to cook it to stop the sliminess.

3 Likes

I forgot about that crap. Can’t stand it or tofu.

2 Likes

Curry! It burns my mouth and races through me like a high-speed sprinter.

1 Like

Hi

Beetroot.

1 Like

Cucumber, yuck. Love beetroot though.

1 Like

I’ve just thought of a couple more to add to my hate list: chickpeas and lentils.

1 Like

Ooh yes, chickpeas - I never did see the point of those and as for couscous which is made from chickpea flour:
:face_vomiting:

1 Like

That’s another - cous cous. Thanks for reminding me, Zaph. :+1:

1 Like

Tinned pineapple yuk .
My mother used to serve it with evaporated milk.

1 Like

Ooh, wouldn’t that curdle the evap. milk?
:grimacing:

Bought some Guacamole, I thought it was purée of an avocado, it was revolting, it had added ingredients,…:tired_face:…won’t be buying that again.

1 Like

I love avocadoes, but shop-bought guacamole is usually yuck compared to homemade.

3 Likes

So I found out, :joy: I must look the recipe up.

I find that with sweet and sour sauce,( shop bought) it’s yuck compared to homemade,:+1:

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me - mushy peas (Peter Mandelson’s guacamole :lol:) - I hate them with a passion.

2 Likes

I used to love mushy peas with chip shop fish and chips, but nowadays it’s 50/50 whether or not I can cope with eating any of that lot and instead I often resort to smoked fish with something or other.
:unamused: