What everyday food do you really not like?

I don’t mean the often-divisive stuff like Marmite, but is there an everyday food that you dislike so much that you do not or cannot eat it?

I’m like that with cucumber.
Even the smell really starts me off and it’s odd because I adore melon of all different sorts which I’m told is very similar, but there’s no way can I eat cucumber and if it’s been mixed into a salad or anything else that would then taste of cucumber as a result, I then can’t eat that either.
So no supposedly-posh crustless little cucumber cucumber sandwiches for me, thank you very much.

Is there an everyday food that you can’s stand?

2 Likes

Kidney beans, not to be confused with runner beans,

1 Like

Spawn of the Devil - Brussels Sprouts!

2 Likes

There is nothing I don’t like, however, I have not eaten every food there is
so there could be something out there somewhere.
:thinking: :grinning:

2 Likes

Lovely, nothing wrong with them at all!
:grinning:

2 Likes

Lamb and mutton. Hateful meats, far too fatty by far and I do not like the taste one little bit.

1 Like

Spinach, revolting stuff.

1 Like

Ooh that’s my favourite meat too, mutton especially.
I don’t suppose you would like to swap some of your lamb for these 'orrid cucumbers would you?

Even the smell of them cooking is enough to turn my stomach :face_vomiting:

Yes, please but I would have to skin them first otherwise I’d be burping all day. :lol:

1 Like

Any type of Pasta…I can’t watch people eat it let alone eat it myself …orrible slimy stuff…YUCK :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Isn’t it strange how smells can do that because I’m the same if I smell cucumber.
It’s not for any reason that I know of either; I mean I was never force-fed the stuff or anything so it’s a puzzle.

Does that include noodles in Chinese and other asian dishes?

It does Zaphod :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, I know exactly why I hate lamb and mutton so much. It’s all down to my ex-MiL who used to roast the Sunday joint on Saturday morning then not reheating the meat just before plating up on a Sunday lunchtime. And she used to use the lamb dripping to make the gravy with and when that cooled down you could see globules of fat floating on your plate :yuck:

3 Likes

I agree because I like brussels too, but I never did get the fascination of adding bits of bacon or chestnuts to them.
:man_shrugging:

Kidney. beans…:tired_face::tired_face:

Olives.:tired_face::tired_face:

Celery.:tired_face::tired_face:

Loads more,:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Pork
Lamb
All shell fish
Tripe
Milk

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I was advised only on Tuesday, by someone who needs the skin taken off cucumbers the same as yourself, that the miniatures cucumbers don’t require that as they don’t cause indigestion. No idea why but that’s what she reckons.

1 Like

I’ve not heard that one before, sounds quite nice though. One I do know about, through family, is that cold Brussels sprouts with salt, pepper and vinegar tastes good. There’s never any left for me to try that, they all seem to disappear for some reason.

2 Likes

Any product that starts with the word quorn. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes