What everyday food do you really not like?

Eeek - Forgot about that revolting stuff!

2 Likes

Milk - it’s a no from me!

2 Likes

I can’t think of anything. I read through the thread, thinking that maybe I’d find something I didn’t like either. There’s a bunch of things that don’t like me. I don’t eat meat or dairy because it makes me sick. But the taste is ok with me, so if it didn’t make me sick, I’d be ok with eating it.

I’m sure there’s something, but nothing is coming to mind right now.

1 Like

Why is that?What sort of condition causes that?

I don’t like burgers or cola but I don’t mind.

2 Likes

Why don’t you like :hamburger:?

1 Like

It’s the taste.

2 Likes

Or lack thereof?

1 Like

I guess I should amend that to say makes me feel sick. I’m lactose intolerant. That’s the dairy part. My throat hurts when I eat chicken or turkey. Don’t know why. I tried it again a few years ago. Same thing. My stomach hurts when I eat beef. Again, not exactly sure why.

2 Likes

no :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s strange.Do you feel like you are missing out or doesn’t it bother you?Vegetarians would say you are eating healthy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t think of anything I dislike, full stop, end of.

But most of the foods mentioned above can be pretty uninteresting when not done right.

1 Like

Grits.

2 Likes

I don’t miss the getting sick part. I think food is associative, for me at least. If I eat something and have a good experience, I want more of that the next time. I’ve gotten used to my diet. If I changed it now, I’d probably really get sick because the digestive enzymes change over time.

I think about the foods I used to eat growing up and have a good memory about them, but when I really go to try to eat them, they don’t appeal to me, knowing I’d feel sick after.

2 Likes

Yogurt… I just think of sour milk… Yuk!

2 Likes

Ok! I was going to add that I dislike all shellfish but figured that it wasn’t an everyday good. Then I thought of lamb. Ewww. Hate that stuff too.
Milk I don’t digest too well, gluten intolerant, ( celiac ) and can’t digest the amino acid choline.
Fish eggs? Caviar ? Not an everyday food but I’m going to add it anyway. Liver? Kidneys?
:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

So, a better question is, what do you like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most of this isn’t a matter of like; it’s a matter of what I can digest. I happen to love daily foods, gluteneous foods, and foods with choline but my digestive system doesn’t.

There are far more foods that I do like than I dont.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry Bratti!
I guess I am blessed in that sense - no digestive issues.

Your self control must be excellent having to say no to all the goodies all the time! But, then again, you’re an excellent chef!

2 Likes

egg on my face

1 Like

Curry.

1 Like