What everyday food do you really not like?

I’m trying really hard to think of things I don’t actually like…and I can’t think of anything. There I things I won’t eat, which is different, and eggs don;t like me, so that doesn’t count.

Looks like I’ll eat mostly anything then :+1:

1 Like

Rice. I can eat it, it’s pretty bland and if it’s got flavours and other stuff in it it can be OK.

But I just don’t see the point of it, it tastes of nothing and it’s grainy, like eating little lumps of nothing.

And it can poison you if you reheat it the next day and it reminds me of maggots!

Rice pudding can be OK but I don’t like the texture

2 Likes

The sticky skin off a proper homemade rice pudding though … :yum:

4 Likes

I really cannot drink milk without being sick, yet I have a teaspoon in my tea to change the colour & will eat milk puddings & sauces! I think it is just the taste pf plain milk that makes me sick.

2 Likes

Ohhh to die for! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Fish. Any kind really, just not a fan.

2 Likes

Turkey

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum tampa1401! Another 'merkin! Hope you have a fun time here.

Hope to see more about you in an introduction thread if you’d like.

I love these BigBrother Bots. :slight_smile:
WELCOME TAMPA to our community.

I would have anyway.I don’t dislike turkey but I prefer chicken or duck or goose.

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome.

Turkey = bleugh to me, though I can at least eat it but I’ve tried it cooked by lots of different people using many different methods and I still don’t like either the taste or the texture.
At Christmas for example where here in Britain the common main course has turkey, I’ve always had and preferred the more-traditional goose.

I’m the same Twink…I get terrible stomach ache with raw milk but I’m ok with it in puddings etc…weird aren’t we :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have always wondered how anybody can like drinking milk as I feel sick as soon as it gets into my mouth, but it must be that I hate the taste because i can enjoy milky sauces & puddings!

1 Like

Is this just cows milk, Twink, or do you get the same with plant based milk as well?

1 Like

I haven’t had the courage to try plant based milk Pixie, but if I am honest I hate white cows milk so much that I would find it hard to drink any white drink.
I never drink milk at home, and when an aunt put sterilized milk in my tea , as a child, that made my decision not to drink milk permanent!
I am diabetic and had a hypo in hospital. As I was not with really thinking clearly they persuaded me to drink milk to bring me out of it… but I was still sick so they kept Lucozade by my bed for the rest of my stay! :grin:

2 Likes

Awww what an awful experience for you Twink!
I like almond milk, its very light, unsweetened, and nice in a smoothie. (but I’m guessing you can’t really chance them either, with the fructose element) :frowning:

1 Like

I think I would try a tiny taste of Almond milk if somebody persuaded me, but I live with the fear that milk makes me sick! I can’t be allergic to it as I make cheese sauces with it & many other things so it is either the taste or something psychological that makes me sick!
All the kids at school were my friend because they knew I would give them my little bottle of milk! :laughing:

2 Likes

No personal experience of this but a family member had problems with lactose intolerance, particularly with dairy products, it was found that goat’s milk didn’t cause those same problems. Would that be of any help I wonder?

:thinking: :grinning:

3 Likes

I tried almond milk…yuk! Not my thing.

1 Like

I don’t like vinegar or salad cream

I’m not wild about spare ribs. Nor lamb.