What book are you reading now?

Those Who Forget by Geraldine Schwarz

I for one would like to read your opinion of it when you’ve read it. It looks interesting.

About half way through. Interesting so far, seeing how a family progressed in the context of highly turbulent times.

I am reading light hearted femme books at the moment…just because I can…

Maeve Binchy the Author that I really like for these cosy romantic but some edgie moments along the way…the latest is Nights of Rain and Stars. My favorite ones…4 books in order…Tara Road, Scarlet Feathers, Evening Class then finally Quentins…
I read a lot on History, of whatever draws me at that moment…

I was listening to a review on the radio this morning of “The Nowhere Child” by Christian White and it sounds like a fascinating book about a girl who thinks she discovers that she was kidnapped as a child. There are lots of twists and turns in the story apparently. This is the start of one review

Kim Leamy is approached by a stranger who believes her to be Sammy Went, an American girl who went missing when she was two. It sounds farfetched but the timeline adds up and a couple of details emerge that force the photography teacher to take the claim seriously. To complicate matters, her mother died a couple of years earlier so Kim, who must begin somewhere, starts by searching her childhood photos for clues.

I wonder if anybody has read this book? Was it a good read?

I’ve started the James Potter Series, the follow on to Harry Potter. Not written by JK Rowling but you’d never know it. It starts when Harry’s oldest son starts at the school, many of the Characters from the Harry books are also in these books, but obviously older. I’m really enjoying them…

It was Maeve’s Light A Penny Candle that started me reading again after four children knocked me sideways with exhaustion!
Loved that book, and always been grateful to it.

1 Like

I’m waiting for Dan Brown’s next release this September - I’m hooked on his books!

Still busy with Robert Jordan : Eye of the World

I’m reading Miss Benson’s Beetle by Rachel Joyce. I loved her The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and The Love Song of Miss Queen Hennessy, two books which should be read side by side if that were even possible, but definitely not a prequel/sequel. But actually it is probably best to read Harold Fry first and then Queen Hennessy. I honestly cannot recommend these two books enough!

So, Miss Benson’s Beetle. Another quirky book. Well, a book about a quirky character really, which Rachel Joyce is very good at. Wonderful characterisation. I’m thoroughly enjoying it!

1 Like