What book are you reading now?

Have you read the Stieg Larsson Millenium trilogy about Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbet Salander?

I read and enjoyed them all Ullabi. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_(novel_series)

At the moment I’m reading The White Queen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_(novel_series)

Stormforce by David Chaffe. Its about an otter.

Is it like Tarka the otter? I loved that book when I was a kid. :smiley:

Not really, it’s more an autobiography of the author, but with the otter mentioned, so far anyway. I’m only a short way through it.

‘Tin Boats’ of the Royal Air Force Marine Branch.

“Cry Baby” by Mark Billingham. This is a prequel to his very 1st novel.

Unmasked by Andy Ngo

Just started Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel, part one of her trilogy of the Tudor period depicting the rise to power and in the final part of the trilogy the ultimate fall of Henry VIII’s minister Thomas Cromwell

I have that one on my list to read Ulla. At the moment I’m reading The Bird In The Bamboo Cage, nearly finished it. What a wonderful book: set in China in WW2, it tells the story of an English school for, among others, the children of missionaries. Then China is invaded by Japan and the entire school become prisoners of war. Well worth a read.

I’m reading Wolf Hall too, what a wonderful writer Hilary Mantel is. I am well and truly hooked.

I’ve almost finished “The Vanishing Box” by Ellie Griffiths. Next one on my list is “The Thursday Murder Club” by Richard Osman.

I’m reading The Trial by Franz Kafka. Had to wait for an English translation before I could fill a gap.

Love his books, started off with Metamorphosis in my teens and read them all in short order. The Trial is my favourite.

Followed his books up with Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn for some inexplicable reason, I must have been going through a depressed period because I followed this up with Gunter Grass.

Kudos! That’s not exactly light reading all of which I haven’t done.

Tim Weaver “No One Home”. A group of houses and a farm in a lonely valley, all the residents and their vehicles have disappeared completely overnight. No strange tyre prints, no sign of violence, all neighbours were very good friends. No mobile phone activity, no money drawn from any accounts … cue spooky music …

I certainly don’t hate reading new authors. What annoys me is reading the synopsis and still not finding out the plot as it’s full of waffle and reference previous books. So irritating. If you always stick to familiar authors you miss a lot.

I like Ellie Griffiths, books but haven’t yet read Vanishing Box. The Thursday Murder Club is good. :slight_smile:

I gave up on The Thursday Murder Club after 3 chapters. I thought it was really silly.

Now I’m 2/3rds the way through The Law Of Innocence by Michael Connelly.

I have finished Wolf Hall and just started Bring Up the Bodies.

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett.