What book are you currently reading?

Yep. Loved the main novels, but not inclined to read the little spin offs and comics.

Gotta be a TV series soon, one would imagine.

People You Meet On Vacation by Emily Henry. It’s a wonderful summer read!

Just finished a Norwegian whodunit, A Death Deserved, by Thomas Enger and quite good.

I have now downloaded, The Star of the Sea by Joseph O’Connor. Both are free to download from my local library via BorrowBox.

Scott Mariani - The Pandemic Plot

1 Like

I’m in the middle of the James Potter books, son of Harry Potter. Lots of the characters from the Harry books in them too. Really enjoyable if you liked the Harry ones.

Oh, I thought this was the other thread we already have on this subject! So surprised to open it and find only a handful of posts.

What book are you reading now? - #949 by Bathsheba.

Perhaps @Azz could combine the threads?

Heart of Darkness ~ Joseph Conrad.

It is actually a university textbook - but a very informative first hand account of the slave trade in the Congo, Africa

1 Like

Hostage by Clare Mackintosh
Best not read it if you’re thinking of flying anytime soon!

The Mitford Murders by Jessica Fellowes. I picked it up in a charity shop, (where I get most of my books from) because I am fascinated by the Mitford sisters, and love Nancy Mitford’s books, and thought the late Dowager Duchess of Devonshire (gosh how alliterative) the most terrific Hon. This is just a bit of nonsense escapism, not over impressed with it, but shall finish it.

I just read “Eden Paradox” Wow best Sci-fi I ever read. The book is full of unusual events

3 Likes

Welcome to OFC! I hope you enjoy your time here! :wave:

That’s sounds like an interesting read - thanks!

3 Likes

Thankyou, nice to be here.

2 Likes

gutenberg.org has millions of free Ebooks. and if you have a windows tablet you can read as text & get free Ebook apps to alter fonts or enlarge etc…

archive.org also has millions of free books and online reading, you will find every old book under the sun on here

I am just starting “Firestorm” by Greg Mullins former Commissioner Fire and Rescue NSW. He and other ex firefighters had been warning for years that the nature of bush fires was changing. Basically they were told to shut up by various governments until the Giga fire of 2019/20 when the east coast of NSW was alight virtually from border to border. It should be a good read.

Just finished reading The Beekeeper of Aleppo.

Well worth the effort and useful to remind oneself that not every asylum seeker is a selfish bugger.

1 Like

Also read Harlan Cohen’s “Win”.

What was particularly fascinating was how the style of self expression compared so closely to that which one of the long-term members on here uses as well

I found that very moving.

1 Like

Me too.

On a technical point, I read it on a kindle and the book ended at 95%, which was interesting since I’d still been wondering where things were going to evolve onto when, suddenly, it stopped!!

But still a very moving story. There but for the grace of God go many of us, eh?

1 Like

I just finished binge reading “Lee Child” or Jim Grant whichever you prefer. I read the entire Jack Reacher Series second time in 5 years. Now I am perusing:
466b96b4-889b-4660-b58e-f4ce8b1bc1d1