What book are you currently reading?

I love Terry Pratchett but got to be in the right mood, it can be a bit whimsical and sugary. I surprised it’s men that like it. I can see my son visibly wince when there’s one of his series on TV

One of the few authors who really can make me laugh out loud

My favourite is Unseen Academical’s, it cracks me up, especially the part where the wizard is hiding in a box from Death and then he hears Death say “it’s dark in here, isn’t it?”:rofl:

I make a fairly good version of Glenda Sugarbean’s Ploughman’s Pie if you’re interested :rofl:

When he died, someone started a petition to the Government to make Death bring him back

I signed, of course

“There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.”

1 Like

emphasised text

I am currently reading ‘The passengers’ by John Marrs.

I’ve loved his other books - but not this one. Think I’m going to abandon it!!

Ha! I realised I’d already read it but still finished it.

David Attenborough, his book Adventures of a Young Naturalist. It’s very good too.

1 Like

I’ve got more Pratchett than you. :grinning: :grinning: A whole cupboard full, bought it at vast expense for my Pratchett book collection. :grinning:

At the moment I am going through as many Michael Connelly books as I can find. The one I am on at the moment is The Gods of Guilt. Connelly is an American crime writer and once you get into the “American way - the language, geography and the justice system” I think they are better than a lot of English crime stories. Always a few murders and an exciting build up to the end. Well worth a try IMO.

I read two books on holiday. one I think I have already mentioned - Exiles by Jane Harper

The other was unexpectedly good:

The Boy with Blue Trousers by Carol Jones

I enjoyed it so much I have ordered her first book - The Concubine’s Child

1 Like

At the moment… And it is very readable. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Waiting for this to become available from my library. There are 100s of readers in front of me, on the reserve list. I enjoyed the first two.

Enjoyed his Washington Poe series. I think my sister was able to get these older stories, but she is Essex. I’d best check my library catalogue.

Yes… Tilly and Poe have got to be my favourite characters

Just ordered his earlier ones (not W&T)

An evangelical slant on this one perhaps, no definitive answers of course :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

1 Like

A message from Ukraine by Volodymyr Zelensky.
A Message from Ukraine by Volodymyr Zelensky | Goodreads

@Bruce have ordered both of those from kindle they look like my sort of book. Thank you

1 Like

Just finished “The Carer” by Deborah Moggach just discovered she also wrote The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Very good and I would recommend

Jazzi, I was able to download mine free from my local library via BorrowBox. I only waited about three weeks for it to become
available. They also have audiobooks free but I’m very
deaf.