What are your favourite 'features' on the new site

@Twink55 …and some more than others :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
sorry couldn’t resist that old one

2 Likes

Once again Meg, I know exactly what you mean ! :icon_rolleyes:

1 Like

Is that a sort of spying function then BAZ ??
Seems like somebody going thro your office waste paper basket a bit ??

Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

So it’s not only me Meg??
I feel about better now!!

Donkeyman! :+1::hugs::+1:

1 Like

Hi

Still working my way around.

I am hoping to do a quote and post a photo sometime soon.

I do enjoy still being able to chat to people however, I do not feel cut out.

3 Likes

Here’s the latest info on quoting:

Azz

16h

To quote a person’s post or part of their post

To quote text that you have typed or pasted into the reply box

Also, if you want put a single line of text as a ‘quote’ just add a > at the start of the line, eg:

>I want this shown as a quote

Will display as:

I want this shown as a quote

You can also use the old fashioned [QUOTE] tags.

Cool huh? :003:

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Posting a photo can be as easy as doing a “copy image” from your PC screen, as I’ve done here:

:slightly_smiling_face:

But it’s more likely that you will want to do more than that - it’s probable that @Azz or another FM will provide more comprehensive instructions soon … :smiley:

1 Like

I guess that might be useful in some of the more contentious threads, perhaps debates and discussions, where a post is deliberately edited after posting what might be a rather dubious comment. Although those are few and far between as most of the threads / posts are not like that so really accurate timing is not required. :relieved:

1 Like

Not quite sure what you mean DM, checked previous posts but couldn’t find anything similar to your reference, perhaps quote that post if possible? :grinning:

1 Like

It’s great to see you all discovering new features and enjoying the site more and more - and it’s only been days since we made the switch over :star_struck:

It’s possible that that counter did not get updated when someone posted a reply while you were on the page - on this forum, when you are on a thread and someone posts while you are there, it shows up right there and then - same with post edits - it gives you a ‘live’ update :003:

If it happens again try refreshing the page, it should hopefully show the latest number on that counter then :023:

@Baz46 you are not alone Baz :slightly_smiling_face: I have lots of edits nothing sinister though. For some reason I don’t notice mistakes when I read through a post but a minute later I see them.
Not all edits are so innocent though, one member used to watch when Mods were around to read it then post something nasty about the site or a member and quickly delete it befor a mod could and the editing time expired leaving a ‘blank post’ .
It surprising what some people find ‘amusing’ , it won’t be possible to do that now :icon_cool:

1 Like

@Meg - it was amusingly ironic to actually see your edit on that post happen in “real time”. Wouldn’t have been possible on the old site.

1 Like

@Dextrous63 that’s fine by me Dex :slightly_smiling_face: nothing to hide here .

1 Like

Of all the years I have been on this site, I have never seen you and Mags logged in on the old site.

I can see you both logged in on this new site.

1 Like

Their status as mods necessitated it. If we knew they were around and watching, it might have affected how we posted.

1 Like

@pauline3 That is so Pauline :slightly_smiling_face: however if we could be seen to be posting in threads I think it could be safely assumed that we were on line.

2 Likes

Sorry Dex…I sincerely don’t understand your logic,

1 Like

There is an odd feature, the little ‘settings’ wheel in the post menu has something called hide details

Summary

This text will be hidden (boo! …what is this :grin:)

I am not quite sure what purpose this has unless it is to summarise /shorten a very long post before quoting it ,

@Dextrous63 ETA in case Dex is watching I have edited this post to add the word
post which I missed out :grinning:

1 Like

When you were at school, did you behave differently when a teacher was in the room compared to when you knew for a fact (s)he wasn’t?

1 Like

Sorry Dex, your thinking/ teaching is completely alien to me, I truly don’t understand you, …:pray::pray:

Edited, because it didn’t make sense.

1 Like