What are your favourite 'features' on the new site

I like being able to post decent sized pictures straight from my PC without fiddling with attachments and ‘thumbnails’

Chloe and the Bee

I like the hyperlink so I can add a neat link to my posts when I need to.

Hyperlink to recipe Bread Rolls

5 Likes

don’t know yet…still just managing to get here…

3 Likes

Yes I like the new photo uploading, I always had to have two pages open before, the postimages site and the forum. Then it was back and forward between them, then copying and pasting.

3 Likes

Instant notifications. Seeing people post live.

As a new person to the forum, I was having a more difficult time following threads to see who replied in the old forum.

3 Likes

Yes I agree Meg - that is my favourite feature too. Not that I’ve posted many yet, but it’s so good to know that it’s so easy.

3 Likes

Have to agree on the photo’s also Youtube video’s is so easy.

4 Likes

I haven’t tried that yet

2 Likes

Wow, I’m a bit confused but will try to work things out. I must say it looks very smart.

2 Likes

Just click on the share link under a youtube video copy and then paste the whole line, works a treat.

3 Likes

Yes it enables you to answer quickly… if you can…

3 Likes

I think we all are in some form or another.

2 Likes

It worked!

Sorry @Meg for sabotaging your thread!

3 Likes

Hope you do have a go Rhian as there are so many good reasons for pictures photos and video’s.
unsure if sound is going to me much use not sure if that is available to us…I mean how is that going to be censored…gosh… :innocent:

3 Likes

Thank you for the email. I will have a better look around later.

2 Likes

So do I it’s a brilliant ability. :+1:

2 Likes

It’s awesome seeing you all discover cool new features - see, I told you it would be worth it :lol: (it may take a bit of getting used to but it will be worth it in the end, I promise! :blush:)

One of the things I personally love about the new site is how the change in name, and our new ‘front’ page (our main homepage) makes it/you an authority in the space - when people want to see what over 50s think about things they will naturally come here, particularly as they can view threads about very specific topics (eg: #dogs or #nhs or #boris-johnson even :044:).

This does of course bring with it an added responsibility, but I am sure you will all be great ambassadors for the over 50s age group :orange_heart:

Definitely the ignore feature, it’s given me a new lease of life.rather than feeling like I was locked up in prison.

I love this site and have made some lovely friends.

Azz, has done a fantastic job, he makes everyone feel extremely welcome , I love that about him.

I hope he is here more often.

3 Likes

I agree, we really didn’t see much of him before.

2 Likes

He has got a real presence about him, picked up on it straight away!..so very welcoming…:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Aww stoppit you guys, you’ll make me blush :icon_redface:

But you are right in that I want to try and make everyone feel welcome - there’s so much hate in the world (especially on social media) that I think we need more community-centric sites like this one.

Perhaps we can be a shining beacon that others will look up to and follow one day? I hope so, and I have no doubt you can all be leaders in doing just that :orange_heart:

9 Likes