What are your favourite 'features' on the new site

One thing for sure, you have put an awful lot of work and thought into it. Wow!

3 Likes

I spotted something interesting.

If anyone edits their post you can click on the Edit pencil icon and see what their original post said … and as a comparison … in highlight, what they added or changed.

1 Like

I often edit my posts, not for any dubious reasons though, and didn’t realise that the number of times an edit is done comes up at the top of the post! It’s all very clever isn’t it and all down to the new forum. :grinning:

2 Likes

Have to admit that is impressive … I’d better not ever Edit my posts and learn to get it right first time hadn’t I :grin:

I couldn’t resist editing …

Hey, the little orange pencil hasn’t come up

2 Likes

If it’s just a few minutes after editing it won’t show :003:

Glad you both like the feature :023:

I don’t have a favourite feature yet I am still learning how to use it and how to find threads but, as I said elsewhere, I am warming to the new site.

1 Like

Bugger the over 50s, they’re only just out of nappies, what is important is what the over 70s think.

…and everybody agrees with me.

5 Likes

Those of you over 70 will have to show the young whippersnappers how it’s done then Bruce :lol:

3 Likes

Age is just a number…maybe that could be a punishment for out of order postings… :innocent:
yes 50-100 would cover it… :wink:

I don’t agree about posting pictures, as all mine are in the clouds. And I even do some cloud editing, so they are better than the originals on my PC. They are better organised, easier to find too.

I don’t know if there is an easy way to post a jpeg url on here, but I know it can be done by typing in [img]

1 Like

Just type the URL

1 Like

I would paste the url, not type it.
But that would just make a clickable link, would it not?

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ve noticed when pasting smilies that just for an instant the URL shows and just as quickly displays the image. Maybe this is the same for .jpgs? In fact perhaps you could just copy the .jpg and then paste it into the post. An alternative is to copy the URL address, that’s one option on a Mac but don’t know if that is what you use. It’s really a case of trying it and seeing what works I’ve found. Good luck. :grinning:

2 Likes

No … Thanks Bruce that does work. No [img]s necessary. :grin:

1 Like

Yep :grin:

1 Like

You’ve sorted it by the look of that. Another lesson learned!

It’s definitely a very steep learning curve on here these days,
almost like being back at school! :grinning:

2 Likes

Link to walkie talkie pic using hyperlink.

2 Likes

Oo-er … now that could be either:

1. enlightening :thinking:

or

1. embarassing :open_mouth:

:smiley:

2 Likes

Embarrassing in my case Omah and Morti!
Typos and re-thinks galore :grimacing: