What are you passionate about?

Actually you did state quite a lot list of things you are passionate about including a clean and comfortable house. No big deal.

What am I passionate about? FI. I posted that a couple of days ago.

Iā€™m passionate about my family and friends staying close, loving and sticking together

(I keep us in touch, take care of them, tell them how much they mean to me, help and encourage them, enjoy spending time with them)

Iā€™m passionate about fairness and looking after the underdog

(I join political parties, campaigns, protests and petitions and support the Foodbanks and volunteer as a Salvation Army shelter)

Iā€™m passionate about swimming in the sea

(I swim all year, am a member of several swimming groups, volunteer at our local sea pool, join campaigns for cleaner sea water)

Iā€™m passionate about reading and my book collection

(Massive book collection, I buy new and in charity shops, belong to a couple of book clubs, swap books with people, give and ask for books as gifts)

Iā€™m passionate about Cornwall, especially Tintagel and Perranporth

(We holiday every year in Cornwall, go to Tintagel sometimes from here just as a day trip! Iā€™m a member of English Heritage just because they maintain Tintagel)

Iā€™m passionate about cooking and recipes

(I have far, far too many kitchen gadgets and recipe books, cook all the time and try new things on my unsuspecting victims!)

1 Like

This reminds me of your friend you posted about a while ago., @Maree ā€¦the one who was going through such a hard timeā€¦ How is he doing now?

Aw, thank you for remembering and asking :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
He survived Covid although he was quite ill but didnā€™t have to go to hospital. He canā€™t walk more than 10 yards any more though, combination of being so obese and what Covid has done to his breathing.

Heā€™s still living with another of my friends as he canā€™t get up the stairs to his own flat

We keep in touch by phone and email and Iā€™m torn between wanting to build him up and comfort him to help him recover and wanting to tell him off for eating badly and not doing any exercise. I usually end up doing both!

1 Like

Bloody hell! if I was passionate about that many things Iā€™d be exhausted, like or enjoy? yes, but passionate? nah!

2 Likes

I had to :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:ā€¦at that,:rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

Iā€™m so sorry for expressing what Iā€™m passionate about. Wtf? šŸ¤·šŸ¾

Didnā€™t think there was a limit to passion but thanks for letting me know there is. :thinking:

Again, sorry of my passions are different than yours.

I have no passions in life what so ever.
Does that fit in better? :sunglasses:

Hey Bratti ā€¦ I think itā€™s great to have passions ā€¦it keeps that sense of adventure for life alive.

1 Like

Thank you. It does . It also helps to prevent ruminating - repeatedly going over things and events to the point of exhaustion. It helps create new pathways in the brain so one doesnā€™t slip back to the old depressing ones. Itā€™s not a like. I have a longer list of likes :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@Bratti Youā€™ve cracked it gal ā€¦ too much thinking soon gets curricular and is not nearly so much fun as doing things that light the inner spark.
Besides, I canā€™t imagine life without something that absorbs to the exclusion of all else ā€¦ though no jobs or proper work ever get done :grin: ā€¦but who cares.

1 Like

No worries.

Yes and I shouldnā€™t of laughedā€¦I was being insensitive, apologiesā€¦

1 Like

I didnā€™t mind you chuckling. It is kind of strange. My husband is often laughing at how excited I get about stuff. Im odd. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I like oddities :upside_down_face:

1 Like

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::crazy_face:

1 Like

I must say, I am passionate about cleaning, I must have a pristine environment to live inā€¦I get excited over new cleaning products as wellā€¦i spend a fortune on themā€¦