What are you passionate about?

Life! I find magic in every day.

3 Likes

Is that why we get on so well?? :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™m outwardly passionate about anything, though I take a quiet pleasure in lots of things.

Apart from being with the people I love, I suppose my deepest pleasure comes from spending time outdoors in the natural world.
Sometimes, I experience moments of pure undiluted joy when I think that life could not possibly be any better than that moment -

When weā€™re sailing in the Mediterranean and the sun is sparkling on the blue water like diamonds, the wind is perfect and we manage to trim the boat sails just right. There is no sound, save the wind in the sails and the boat cutting through the waves, then a pod of dolphins appear and swim alongside us for a few minutes.

When I walk through woodland with the autumn sun filtering through the trees lighting up the autumnal carpet of leaves - this always makes me want to jump and skip along
or a Winter walk, when the world is covered in snow and the frost makes beautiful patterns on everything it touches

When I reach the top of a steep hill and gasp at the glory and beauty of the countryside spread out below me.

The joy of moments like this make my heart soar and I feel so privileged to be alive and experiencing that moment.

9 Likes

@Boot - what an exceptional and lovely post, Boot, thank you!

3 Likes

@Boot - such a lovely post, it made me smile by reading it!

3 Likes

Oopsā€¦ sorry Tabby, my post was intended for @Boot ā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Save yourself a fortune Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ and help the planet at the same time this book is a little treasure :+1:

Green Cleaning Amazon.co.uk

51W0FWC33BL.SX371_BO1,204,203,200

1 Like

I was going to say that there is a book which has never let me down cleaning anything.

Brilliant book, lots of white vinegar, baking power and other environmentally friendly, cheap products involved. Havenā€™t come across many situations she hasnā€™t got a solution for that works.

2 Likes

Yep, white vinegar, baking powder, soda crystals, bicarb, lemon etc etc
No chemicals needed :heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes

I prefer cleaning with all natural products too.
Itā€™s better for us, our pets and the planet.
Itā€™s ALL good!

2 Likes

I clean as little as possible . Havenā€™t cleaned the oven since I bought it if I am cooking anything that is likely to make a mess I put foil in the bottom and just chuck it away .
I do believe this obsession with cleanliness causes so many allergies .
As long as the sheets and bathrooms are clean .
I am always puzzled by how people can get places so dirty .
There are two of us and a dog ( he does bring in mud and drop hairs ) but itā€™s not a mega cleaning disaster .
No one has on their tombstone she was a great cleaner .

6 Likes

No chemicals needed? What do you think these are? Vinegar = acetic acid, baking powder = mixture of sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate and a weak acid such as citric acid, bicarb = bicarbonated soda = sodium bicarbonate, lemon juice = citric acid.

1 Like

Some massed produced vinegar are full of petrochemicals, which is extremely harmful to the environment.:-1:

I believe white vinegar is eco friendly.:+1:

Well spotted,Percyā€¦I never thought to look them up, really interesting.

1 Like

Only if itā€™s white wine vinegar, Pauline. Red wine vinegar is produced from red wine. Malt vinegar is a natural product too. The stuff you get sprinkled on your chips at a chippy is likely to be synthetic acetic acid.

1 Like

Well spotted, stuck in my ways, never thought to research those productsā€¦Iā€™m now unstuck in that area.thanks to you,:+1:

I didnā€™t like to mention it but asbestos, borax, hemlock, oleander, arsenic are all natural products too

Wow Tiffā€¦Just WOW!..
:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

2 Likes

I must agree with you about natures delights boot, and together with running they are probably my greatest passions.
I love the freedom and solitude of the wild places, and on a still sunny day the atmosphere and silence is intoxicating.

2 Likes

Work.

Bliss, Foxy, pure bliss!

1 Like