What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 2)

I made this crispy calamari on Thursday and Saturday, by far the best most crispy calamari recipe I know.

I had 3 batches, but only cooked each batch at a time to avoid clumping.

3 Likes

Me too, I donā€™t really like fried sausages.
I made my own Romanian sausage last year.

1 Like

Looks good! Did you Air Fry them?

I have just had a smoothie. Nice but I really want some toast now sigh

1 Like

Where do you get the calamari from Conradd ?
Iā€™ve tried the cheapo frozen stuff from Tesco but frankly it tasted of rubber! Thatā€™s probably largely down to me.
To be candid I used to keep some in the freezer as a back up sea fishing bait.

1 Like

Thanks, no I cook it like that in its clingfilm in hot water and then let it cook and then cooked it in slices fried, having just said I donā€™t fry sausages!

The reason for that process is I didnā€™t have and sausage skins.

Oh are you dieting?

I got whole frozen squids, defrosted in cold water then made the calamari.

Max 80 seconds deep fry, itā€™s juicy n soft inside, crispy ā€˜batterā€™ on outside

1 Like

Oh you never fail to amuse me :grin: No Conradd, I adore smoothies and have them most days. Very healthy and with the amount of concoctions I make up, its a meal in itself. :+1:

1 Like

Gotchaā€¦ thanks!

1 Like

Oh I see, it was the wanting toast accompanied with the sigh that made me think you might be on a diet, sorta wishing ā€˜sighā€™ you could have toast.

Smoothies can be healthy indeed, I like them with kiwi fruit included, but no banana as I donā€™t like bananas in a smoothie.

Steak pie n chips smoothie next

1 Like

Well Iā€™m trying to keep to a healthy diet, so you arenā€™t entirely wrong. I love hot buttered toast and happily live on it alone most days, but it isnā€™t the best idea!

Steak pie and chip smoothie soundsā€¦interesting! Mind you, I live in the lands of deep fried mars bars so I have a cheek to roll my eyes at anything :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Lunch is going to be a pack of chicken drumsticks cooked in the oven with a ready made Cajun rub.

Tonight my son will be preparing a chicken curry using yesterdayā€™s leftover roast. This time heā€™ll be blending his own curry powder using the multitude of spices we have stashed away :+1::drooling_face:

As for tomorrow Iā€™m not sure although itā€™ll be a non chicken dayā€¦

2 Likes

I have just eaten mine otherwise I would have snapped itā€¦
Pate pork based with a mixture of Mushroomsā€¦half a small bag of Crinkled Crispsā€¦One Black Coffeeā€¦ :baguette_bread:

Yummyā€¦

Just had this bad boys brother, and a bag of crisps

I always feel Wallaby ball goes best with hot mustard

Evening Meal Husband made earlier a Cottage Pie same as Shepherds Pie but not Lambā€¦he used minced beef cooked batched and frozen in prepā€¦ with Onion Carrots Herb de Provence and Pepperā€¦ so useful for our choices of Mealsā€¦Lasagne, Spag Boli, Cornish Pasties and Cottage Pieā€¦was not what you call attractive to view but honestly was the best one he has ever madeā€¦his head did swell which was niceā€¦

got half though it and thought I feel Fullā€¦so snapped a piccie
You staying home or off on a hols break?

2 Likes

You have a clever ladā€¦mixing his own spices like that. It makes every meal so unique!

2 Likes

We had this tonight, simple yet nice,

1 Like

MMmmmm, protein points there!

Iā€™m having jacket potatoes (airfried) with toppings

Ms d00d loves tinned tuna more than I, but I do enjoy this ā€¦

The secret is to really get the flavour of the onion and garlic into fish, smash it up on a high heat till slightly charred, lower the heat, add the egg. :+1:

I also make a pasta sauce, onion, garlic, tuna, charred, add mushrooms, toss till theyā€™ve shrunk a bit, add cream. :+1: