What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 1) - #10092 by gumbud.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

Oh dear a languishing thread heh Azz what do we do with these? in the mean time my lunch today on the 19th august 2021 just in case this site clock don’t work!

I sorta eat around the clock and when the urge takes me so breakfast can’t remember now stml kicking in but lunch is still fresh in my tum. one of my favorite asian dishes is Bechalan spicy prawn and runner bean mix. Messy to prepare but easy to cook and delicious to eat:

grind the following in a mortar with a pestle:

6 shallots - cut; 3-4 garlic cloves also sliced; half a tablet of bechalan broken; 3-6 teaspoons of red chilli sauce depending on heat you like ; 8 baby dried prawn soaked for 10 mins in lukewarm water if you can get them but not essential; all mashed up to a mulch

prepare your cooking utensil - I prefer a flat bottom heating pan with glass lid! - 3 tablespoons of oil into heating pan in meantime:

prepare rice and put on the boil - cut the runnerbeans into 2 inch lengths and take frozen prawns 10 out of freezer and allow to defrost.

once oil is warmed [not boiling] place chilli mixture from mortar and put in oil allowing to simmer until aroma is produced - only take a few minutes the:

place in runner beans and prawns and allow to cook slowly adding few teaspoons of sugar and salt - continue cooking for few minutes:

add five tablespoons of water and simmer for 30 mins or so until water has mixed well with oil and all foods to produce a light liquid sauce - allow to cook until beans and prawns are done

take large spoons of mixture and add to rice on dinner plate.

mine today with 3 teaspoons of spice chillis wasn’t too hot so I could have pushed it to 4 or 5 experience will tell you what suits you. Recipe says 3 tablespoons of chilli spice but I found this done once too hot for me almost!

bon appetit

2 Likes

I haven’t had breakfast yet (10:30am), so I may have a brunch of sorts - undecided as to what it will be though.

1 Like

It’ll be a brunch (oats and fruit :bowl_with_spoon:) for me, too, then, later, I’ll have linner (chicken curry :curry:) … :yum:

1 Like

“Linner!!” That’s funny Omah! :smiley:

1 Like

A home made quiche -

I’m so tired of stodgy winter fare so my ‘working’ lunch today is a lemony Bulgar Wheat and lentil salad with a hummus dressing.

:upside_down_face:

that looks nice you can feed me anyday!

Thank you

:slight_smile:

Tonight, we shall be dining on snake and pygmy pie and thrice cooked chips. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pork loin this evening…

Have allsorts of Menu’s on offer… but the ‘Boss’ wants Salad again…tis tasty but nose is definitely starting to twitch a bit…ears are fluffy, getting worried now…about bobtail…
Today 29 degrees
Saturday 31 degrees
Sunday much the same and routing for yer Monday…22 degrees and less Sun…

Maybe your new avatar :rabbit: :grinning:

At least it’s an easy to prep meal. Wish it was a bit warmer here.

1 Like

ok funny haha…how about Cptn A to the rescue…the shield must be one off of FleaBay…all grime and no shine… :clown_face:

1 Like

1 Like

I’ll have you know I polish my shield regularly. Captain A is always ready to perform a rescue. He can even save you from salad. :grinning:

too late was a wabbit all along…just never noticed… :rabbit: my Sister :rabbit: and Moi

1 Like

We are having Moussaka, crusty bread and wait for it………

Summary

sald

1 Like

It’s fine…only one of my favorites…sniff sniff…tis fine honestly…sniff sniff sniff

1 Like

I’m having Nando’s takeout for dinner

1 Like