What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 2)

I had lots of basil to use up this week - this hot, sunny weather made it grow so fast it was ready to flower, so I had to harvest it quickly before it “bolted”

I now have a pot full of freshly made basil pesto to use up - I also have quite a few yellow courgettes ready to harvest and some peas, peppers and tomatoes, so tonight’s dinner is going to be stir-fried veg and golden “courgetti” with basil pesto - aka “ heaven on a plate “

Pudding will be some stewed gooseberries which I picked this week, topped with some Greek yoghurt.

2 Likes

Basil pesto… heaven indeed :innocent:
I used to love to thumb through the various seed catalogues and choose which varieties of Basil I’d grow from seed…or try to, it can be a tricky customer in our climate.

Enjoy your meal…it sounds sublime!

1 Like

My choice of Basil seed was heavily influenced by the fact that LIDL were selling packets of veg and herb seeds for 23p each! - or 5 packets for £1.

I bought Basil, Thyme, Marjoram, Courgette and Sprouting Broccoli for the grand sum of £1 - and they are all doing well - although the marjoram seems to be very slow at germinating and growing.

2 Likes

Fresh Thai infused Salmon Steak and Salad.

Steak & Kidney pudding, small Jacket potato, white cabbage, carrots, drop of gravy.

1 Like

Pot Noodle (Bombay Bad Boy) with chicken and leek added. Thickened with pepper sauce granules. An orange and a nectarine.

Hot and Spicy Pork Belly Strips, new potatoes, carrots and Courgette Bake with added chillies.

1 Like

A Cumberland sausage and cheese spread sandwich. Grapes, radishes, home grown cherry tomatoes and gooseberries. Mug of tea.

Sea Bass and Salad.

Marinated Chicken Strips and Salad.

A sandwich made with brown seeded bread. Cheese spread, Cumberland sausage slices, mayonnaise and lettuce as a filler.

Also a stick of celery, a few radishes, plum tomatoes and dried apricots. More than a few black grapes.

Peri peri chicken wings and savoury rice…a quick fix.

1 Like

salad potatoes, cod ,peas

1 Like

Grilled Yellowtail and chips
Lamberts Bay, Cape West Coast

4 Likes

Beef streak…

1 Like

Plaice fillet in breadcrumbs and a salad with baked potato.

1 Like

It was a hot day here. I had dinner on the patio. A simple chicken pasta salad with herbed mayonnaise. It’s usually cold salads during the warmer months.

1 Like

2 fried eggs, baked beans and chips.

1 Like

My once a month treat: Chinese egg foo yung, special fried rice and crackers.

3 Likes

bacon egg & chips, that was last night.

McCain over chip, first time we’ve had those in 20 odd years.

1 Like