What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 2)

@Megalodon Go to your local supermarket or Deli and see if they do “samples” and try the different olives available.

3 Likes

Just lunch you say?
I’m salivating!

Today it was chicken meat balls in tomato sauce and a warm baguette.

Kazz said…
“Go to your local supermarket or Deli and see if they do “samples” and try the different olives available.”

Good suggestion Kazz as olives are a “complex animal” and an acquired? taste.

Sampling and comparison is definitely a good idea.

Good idea.

seen be preparing thaI chicken curry from a packet - well I’m not thai ?? so ?? - they give me al the ingredients and I just i justs follow the instrc… and cook some rice - voila! - lovely and nearly as good as the real thing

1 Like

Tandoori Murghi Keema, why not? it is Saturday after all and we are in England. Saturday = Curry, Sunday = Meat and two Veg :icon_wink:

1 Like

Cajan Chicken Breast, New potatoes, Swede, Carrots and a drop of Gravy.

Dessert: Fresh Strawberries and Greek Yogurt.

Ready meal, pie, mash and liquor. Not wanting to cook a roast today.

1 Like

malasysian curry laksa coming out of the package - with a bit of rice on the side - sprinkle on any extra you desire - yum yum

forgot to mention you have to provide ya own selection of meat or fish products etc!! they always cheat on summat!!

Ive just made omlette , with 3 eggs , mixed peppers ,peas, and courgette

1 Like

Doing a roast this evening, with cooked Turkey from the freezer.

My son has just made a simple marinade, olive oil, soy sauce, honey ,Dijon mustard, and tomato puree.
The drumsticks will be ready for the oven tonight :plate_with_cutlery:

2 Likes

Hi Chilli,
please don’t take this the wrong way but I did have to chuckle internally here as you reminded me of a couple of days/nights ago.

I’d recently bought a LARGE tray of chicken drumsticks - had cooked some and INTENDED to use the others over next day or so.

That did not happen, and I had not returned the still significant unused half of the tray to the freezer so they spent several days in the fridge.

They may have been OK, but it wasn’t worth tempting fate, so I was about to dispose of these still rather nice looking drumsticks in the bin.

I don’t like food wasting at the best of times - then suddenly a thought came to mind.

My neighbour across the road has a lovely old German Shepherd who is sadly nearing the end of his days, He is a BIG former Police dog with a gentle temperament that would melt icecream ( and that from me who for serious reasons is NOT fond of most dogs )

So over I went - greeted at the closed gate by this gentle giant who sniffed with that super sensitive doggy nose and I could almost hear him thinking “What’s that you’ve got there - DAMN that smells good”

Anyway I got to the door and explained to my neighbour, and the tray of chicken drumsticks were graciously accepted ( having made it clear who they were for. )

It was a cold night and he ( dog ) had on a big “body rug” but some extra ‘fuel’ on the inside would I’m certain make him feel even better ( despite no marinade )

As for us hoomans, I’m with you re your son’s marinade.

Hope you both enjoyed them. Let me know if you have any leftovers as I’m now short of a few drumsticks here. :yum:

1 Like

A heart warming story OldBloke,
I’m glad the big doggie enjoyed his chicken :slightly_smiling_face::poultry_leg:
Do German Shepherd’s like marinade? I don’t suppose anyone’s really thought about it before now :wink:

Leftovers… what are they?:slightly_smiling_face:

I have no idea Chilli. I do know that I thought I’d lost this big fellow as a friend way back not too long after they’d moved here years ago.

I’d been working on my motorcycle, had walked some doors away up the street maybe to borrow a spanner or something ?

Coming back down the footpath this big fellow was at their gate and I thought to befriend him so had gently offered my hand BUT I had totally forgotten that I had been using petrol earlier ( & since washed my hands )

He was quite accepting of my outreached hand of friensdship UNTIL his super sensitive doggy nose obviously caught some residual petrol smell whereupon he violently LURCHED away from me.

I instantly realised & thought you stupid stupid man - you’ve lost the chance & may never regain it.

I realised it would take time if I was ever to regain his trust. So for a LONG time if passing I would just talk to him quietly & gently but NEVER at that time offered my hand or anything from my hand.

It took a while, but long ago before these drumsticks we’ve been BUDDIES.

1 Like

Not pretty perhaps but I have some goodies to use up including some slightly jaded fresh basil.

There’s going to be plenty of Arrabiatta sauce to go with the spaghetti meatballs tonight and plenty to freeze for later. This one is going to be eye wateringly hot :hot_face::fire:

I’ve not skimped on the garlic either .

2 Likes

We had:

Mango and Coconut Chicken Breast, small Jacket potato, Swede, Brussels.

1 Like

Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, potatoes cabbage, sprouts, peas, carrots and gravy.
Pudding was fruit crumble and ice cream.