What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 2)

No they’re not DooD

Shopped at Lidls a short time ago…
Putting veggies in veggies draw…Now seeing apples from last week…need to use them before they get wasted…

Now Planning as I do, an off the cuff Menu…
All laid out now for some Cooking Action…
Chicken Casserole and Apples Crumble…Yummie…

3 Likes

heads for the ferry

I’ll be there about dinnertime! :+1:

1 Like

Later today:

:yum:

Lunch is first at around 14.00 hrs, dinner is tonight. This will be cold roast chicken with salad, sweet will be a yoghurt or perhaps some strawberries and ice cream. The cold roast chicken is preferable to a hot dinner as that would involve potatoes and lots of vegetables, first it’s too much bother today and it’s not as good for losing weight as salad. :grinning:

rushing now as can here Husband calling Cats in for lunch… dropped some of the crumbs as I tipped them on top of the apples…never mind, proper chiefs’ don’t do clearing up mess do they… :thinking: :grin:

Ooo and I for some reason instead of mixing the butter and flour for the crumble, I beated the sugar and butter…whoops… so quickly scrapped that out and put in a bowl in the fridge…started again…oh well, no drama really…lots, I can make with butter and sugar mix…

All more or less done…
Will be roasted veggies in a small amount of Olive Oil…to go with the casserole…Cream with the Crumble…
Happy Husband again…

2 Likes

Ok …with one of your Tricks… :joy:
Trixie Knuckles by nature,haha

Make that 2. Apple crumble :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Try a bribe Chillie6…
‘Shield’ your eyes… :yum: not for you though…haha

2 Likes

Got nothing left you’ve already had all my money :rofl:
Was looking forward to some crumble too. I’ll see if I can crack open the kids piggy bank

3 Likes

Don’t smash the piggy!! :open_mouth: Aww lookit his wee face!

1 Like

Di that looks so yummy!

I can taste it! :smiley:

1 Like

Needs must Pixie. There is crumble at stake here you know :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that Chillie - looks divine!

1 Like

Now Washing, as many of my Cats as possible…leave you to make your own
Simple…3 Apples peeled and sliced
100 grams of butter
200 grams of Flour
Rub in or mixer can do it…fat.flour
add about 60 grams of Caster Sugar though any cane sugar will be fine
a small pinch of cloves and 100 grams of porridge oats…makes it chunchie if that is how you like it…
Apples in an Oven Dish sprinkle the Crumble mix over the Apples teaspoon approx of sugar sprinkle that on the top.
cook med oven for 30/40mins or slower and more…where are those cats…arrhhh…

2 Likes

Just had cheese omelette and chips with grilled tomatoes from the garden, followed by fresh raspberries and coconut yoghurt, luvverly… :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Had a Lunch-able for lunch.

Went shopping in Tesco this AM. And for lunch we had those takeaway hot chicken thighs, sourdough and Boursin. Followed by banana, cherries, grapes.

Tonight:

I might add ketchup. :icon_cool:

3 Likes

Heathen… :joy:

1 Like

… and more ketchup. These pretty little parcels of green stuff are tasteless. Next time I’ll get some proper spaghetti - Barilla Capellini is my favourite - boil, drain, add to pan of hot garlic flavoured olive oil, add parmesan. Semplice, mwah. :sunglasses:

1 Like