What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 2)

Thats my sort of grub, looks yummy. :smiley:

This afternoon I made Cullen Skink, a soup made with smoked haddock, potatoes and onions. Cullen is a small town on the Moray Firth coast. I stayed there for a number of years when I was young.

2 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was Cumberland sausage in a creamy tomato sauce with leftover spaghetti :grin:

1 Like

Minx, you’re Chicken Korma looks really tasty, is it homemade? and have you got the recipe please?

Later:

Cantonese Beef With Rice

:yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

@susiejaeger

yes it’s homemade. Thank you. Here’s the link for the recipe! Enjoy!

Had a fry up. Scrambled eggs, sausages, and a couple of slices of thick bacon. Healthy it was not!

1 Like

A bit like this … :question:

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

Indeed!

Later:

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

I sort of lost track of this thread, but being a seasoned foodie I must try to keep up, so…

Just polished this tagine off with apple pie for dessert… scrummy…

2 Likes

1 Like

Lunch was very simple - a smoked haddock fishcake with tartar sauce in a burger bun, and a mug of homemade veg soup.

Dinner just finished stuffing a chicken breast with homemade garlic and herb butter, left it in the 'fridge to turn itself into Chicken Kiev. Will serve with new potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots glazed with honey and nibbed almonds.

Harvested some brambles - will have those with a generous blob of ice cream!

2 Likes

Corned beef Hash with baked beans.

3 Likes

Dinner was a quick Egg chutney
Not sure if eggs are cooked this way in the UK but it’s famous here in SA. A hot tomato based sauce with eggs. Served with Pita Bread.

Now:

Ham and Cheese Omelette

Sea Bass and baby potatos

Homepride oven chips, Birdseye Chicken Chargrills and sweetcorn on the cob (from the allotment).

A bacon roll with bacon done in the microwave as my hob and double oven blew up the other day. Have to get another one but until then it’s learning how to cook vegetables in the microwave. Bacon cooks a treat, it is crispy if done for about a minute per rasher and that’s without a grill. Vegetables taste even better than if boiled on the hob, more like steamed vegetables. Another part of the ‘learning curve’ I’ve been on for the last five or six decades!

Thank goodness for Google and the search facilities provided! :grinning:

Now

Veggie Burgers

:yum: :yum: