What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 1)

Today was pasta and peas with a sauce made with Asda cheese sauce granules, Added to this was some grated cheddar cheese. Also added were turmeric, ginger (dry powder) and half a Knorr stock cube,

What did you do with the other half?:-D:-D

I can’t believe this thread has sunk into virtual oblivion!

Anyway just wanted to share that I made chicken and chips tonight. So the usual oven chips from fresh potatoes. But the chicken was a new made up recipe. I made a seasoned flour with salt, pepper, lots of paprika, thyme and fresh rosemary from the garden. As I didn’t want to waste eggs during lockdown I bound it to the chicken legs using a mix of olive oil and minced garlic. I fried the chicken legs and then baked them with the chips. It was really yummy like a KFC (but healthier!). All that was missing was the coleslaw.

I also made a blended sweet potato, cauliflower and carrot soup. Not as exciting but waiting for a delivery on Saturday and that’s what was left in the cupboard! Great way to get your five a day while having the naughty chicken and chips & a glass (or two) of Rose to retain good mental health :slight_smile:

I am planning on chicken pie - might be lunch - might be dinner - depending on what else the day throws at me. Not certain which veg - am going up to Sainsbury’s later - will see what they have. One thing I will have with it is chips - done according to Bakerman’s latest recipe - they sound delicious!

Cooking a small Gammon joint. Will serve that with a creamy onion sauce, new potatoes, green beans and carrot/swede mash, (that takes care of the last of the veg).
Meat, Fruit & Veg delivery coming tomorrow. Our local shops are wonderful. They are working in unison with each other and as long as total bill is a minimum of £15, delivery is free. They really have been a godsend. :smiley:

Chicken here but not sure what to do with it…yet :slight_smile:

Snake and pygmy pie and oven chips for us tonight.

Lunch was a ham and beetroot bap, with Camembert, Tyrrell’s sea salted crisps and a Jazz apple on the side.

Apart from the camembert - that sounds good to me!

Onion sauce - yummy - haven’t made that for a while. Just bought half a ton of onions at Sainsbury’s so that just may be on tomorrows menu!

Today I am going to try something completely new to me. It is one of Bakerman’s recipes - Shrimp Creole.

If you need suggestions, I have plenty to offer.

We had chicken last night … legs a la simples.

I like them complete, thighs with drumsticks attached, skin unbroken. Black pepper no salt. Roasted for 1 hr. Serve with soy sauce to taste.

Had Shrimp Creole - followed Bakerman’s excellent recipe to the letter as it was something I had never made before. What a delight! Angels dancing on my flavour buds - will certainly make it again … and again … and again!

Just had double Pork Chop dinner.

Just had a surprise meal!

One neighbour gave me a plate of Toad in the Hole - to which I added onion gravy and peas.

Another neighbour gave me a dish of the best Sticky Toffee pudding I have ever tasted.

Making Chinese Orange Chicken and rice. So yummy. :smiley:

Cooked a Gammon joint yesterday so had a sandwich of cold thinly sliced lean gammon with Branston Small Bite Pickle for lunch. Well, HWMO did, I had plain Gammon in mine.
Yum.

Tonight for dinner it’s Chicken Breast made with a Chicken Tonight Spanish Chicken Sauce, and Fried rice with vegetables.
Pud will be a mini Key Lime Cheesecake for HWMO (no doubt accompanied by two large scoops of vanilla ice-cream) and a fresh Pear for me.(I’m being good!) Then we are going to watch a film on Sky that he has been wanting to see - 1917. Another day indoors will then be over. :lol:

I’m making another big batch of curry base today. I make loads of it and freeze it in freezer bags, enough for 2 people in each one.

Mrs Bread is permanently on SlimmingWorld so I have to make a “syn free” version but its amazing and she prefers it to our local Indian restaurant.

So, all I need to do is barbecue some fresh chicken/lamp/beef cubes on a kebab skewer, then throw them in a pan of curry base and hey presto - 10 minute curry !

I also get to use the blender which I find very therapeutic :lol:

It was soup for lunch followed by a slice of home baked chocolate sponge…tonight for dinner it’s tatties and mince with veggies

Our unique ‘man bolognaise’ which removes the tomatoes - and in the purest version exaggerates the beef stock element.

Normally quite a happy meal, and sophisticated with celery. On this occasion just to fill, and to shut me up before night shift. She doesn’t really like it, I always eat too much like with every meal and get depressed for an hour in tight t-shirt hunting gaviscon. I’m ok now, on shift with two rolls, chicken pie & bounty to consider.