What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 1)

It’s just me here and I’m the cook too: I mean a night off when I don’t fix a proper, well-balanced meal, but just something quick like a sandwich, etc. When my Dad was alive we always ate out one night a week as a break for me having to cook dinner after a day’s work.

Know what you mean dandysmom-usually I cook a well-balanced meal for myself but when it gets to the end of the week I’ve run out of fresh food like vegs.etc and out of ideas, so I tend to just throw something together. Look forward to Fridays when its definitely my night off. I suppose the benefit of cooking for yourself is you can please yourself what you have :slight_smile:

Oh I do agree! That gives me an idea for a thread…

What’s on the menu tonight?
We’re having sausage and mushroom casserole

Linguini with pesto, salad and a ciabatta roll.

Roast chicken, baby potatoes and peas followed by apple pie with custard-made a real pig of myself tonight

Today for lunch, . . 2 Scotch mince pies, made in our local bakery of course. :wink:

A very particular delicacy is the Scotch mince pie.
OK at a rugby match, with a good dollop of brown sauce, difficult for me to fancy at other times.
But I hope you enjoy yours Nero

Wednesday’s always pizza, so will do lunch: small bowl of miso soup, a few grapes and a peach, Port Salut cheese and a chocolate nutritional drink.

Whatever OH puts in front of me :smiley:

Dinner I had tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches then for tea I had sausage with onion gravy, mash and beans-very nice

Time to wake this thread again?
Last night we went to the pub and had steak & chips and tonight we are having one of my favourites - kedgeree. Hooray for the Raj! :slight_smile:

Just had a bowl of home made lentil soup, . . my wife does make good soup, . . it’s an art form with her. :slight_smile:

The golden wonders are about ready to harvest, we get them from a local farm, I love the chips they make, I’ve not had a decent chip for months they’re the best potato for chipping without a doubt.

Always make pizza on Wednesdays! Tossed salad too.

Freezer suprise!
I think it’s a beef (or maybe venison) casserole. I’m on my own (again) have some left over mashed potato in the fridge, so I’ve had a delve through the freezer.
So, maybe lamb tagine & mashed potato, maybe goulash and mashed potato - as long as it’s not Pedigree Chum & mash I don’t really mind :slight_smile:

I think I’ll do us a cottage pie, I’ve got some beef (free ranged), mushrooms, onions and potatoes. Yum yum, our favourite. :smiley:

Fish supper anyone. :wink:

Linguine with pesto, tossed salad, roll.

Eileen you always appear to eat well.:mrgreen:you put me to shame, with my fish and chips.

Change of mind, … I got a spicy haggis. :slight_smile: