Vegan food and recipes in pictures

I’ve noticed more vegans and vegetarians here lately.

I personally don’t cook, but I love looking at vegan recipes and pictures. I’ll post some recipes and pictures here.

Feel free to post any pictures of vegan food and recipes.

Vegan crème brûlée without coconut milk, agar agar, tofu or cashews
(recipe in link)

Mediterranean Wraps with Homemade Vegan Tzatziki

Tomato Red Lentil Pasta Sauce

2 Likes

I am mostly vegan but venture into vegetarianism on occasion, in that I consume dairy & fish sometimes.

I enjoy making my own flatbread from chickpea or lentil flour - its a work in progress because they turn out more like pancakes, haha! I did see this though that I would love to try…I am a huge fan of Pesto. This is a Spinach Pesto Veggie Pizza

4 Likes

That’s beautiful! I was trying to find a picture of a pizza but gave up because they weren’t as pretty as that one. That bright green and red. Gorgeous. :yum:

1 Like

Hi

Whilst not vegetarian, I was enjoying more and more vegetarian meals from my garden.

That has now, sadly , had to go.

Low Potassium diet means no tomatoes and many veg that I grow.

On the bright side, the Food Bank will benefit.

This is delicious and contains 4 of your 5 a day .
I used Alpro coconut yogurt .
Also I make garlicky croutons.

I’m a veggie borderline vegan

1 Like

Hi

Nothing wrong with being veggie.

Just difficult on a low potassium diet.

Going Vegan is scientifically dangerous, it would mean a major loss of food and famine for Billions.

We simply cannot replace animal fertilisers.

I wouldn’t want to be a vegan although I respect anyones decision to embrace a vegan diet

1 Like

Recipe please!

The link is in the text above the picture.

1 Like

A short cut for recipe above use cashew butter or peanut butter , I use both saves time.

1 Like

I got some online shopping yesterday and as I’m curious about Tibetan culture at the moment, I thought I would have a go at making some Butter Tea. I selected a small sample of Ghee, just to try it out, but it was substituted for a 1kg tub as they had no smaller ones left. So now I have a ton of Ghee that I don’t even know if I’ll like :frowning_face: I suppose a lot of curries are on the menu now!

2 Likes

Ghee is good for cooking!

3 Likes

Well I know…but I didn’t want a big tub of the stuff! Plus they charged me a fiver for it! :scream: Its not my fault they didn’t have a smaller sample size, they shouldn’t have bothered. Added to that…my cholesterol won’t thank me either! :joy:

2 Likes

I meant to say - have you or anyone here tried it? Is it any good?

1 Like

Hi

Sadly no pictures.

This morning I got Wendy to drive me to Wellington, only 15 minutes away, to a shop recommended by the Indian Nurses at the hospital.

Whilst not entirely vegan or vegetarian the range of spices, beans, pulses and exotic fruits and vegetables was amazing.

The water melons were huge.

The prices were ridiculously cheap, all in all a great trip out.

4 Likes

Yes - I use Ghee a lot when cooking Indian food - I like the taste.

1 Like

These recipes look really good - will definitely try some of them.

Ahh, well that’s reassuring then…I’ll give it a go and update my thoughts. :thinking:

1 Like

I love thai peanut pasta. :yum:

Thai peanut cold noodle salad

Vegetable curry with rice and fresh avocado!

Crispy and delicious Air Fryer spring rolls made without cooking separate sheets.

1 Like