US moves to ban abortion

I think he’s doing that on his own.

1 Like

“O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?”

Oh yeah?
This famous “land of the free” where young women will now have less freedom than their mothers.

2 Likes

and all of this just because a boat load of pilgrims decided to break free from tyrannical forces in UK and set up home by stealing First Nation Peoples land in America !! - I wonder what the FNP’s views and pratices were regarding abortion. An interesting biblical view comes in with the rest - it is oft quoted that God said " I give you free will "- I wonder whether this covers murders of any form as some would consider when covering abortions? the original laws in many countries considered that there should be a cut of point which is based on the concept or question when is a foetus a human? - so some considered therefore you could ‘kill’ or remove a foetus because it was not a human? ergo ? we always seem to just focus on the Usa in these cases but consider the views throughout the entire globe on abortion -v - anti-abortion - shrouded in whos rights are who? - biblical rights ? - womens rights ? mens rights? although many would argue what has this got to do with men at all? - I must admit I have always hated watching the extermination of life whether it is the drowning of unwanted kittens to human abortion - and of course we will undoubtedly continue our discussions for eons and eons?

Hi

I simply do not understand the way the USA works on somethings.

I do not want the UK to operate on the same principles.

The USA has a politically appointed Judiciary, which some on here advocate.

I much prefer a totally independent Judiciary, annoying though it may be at times.

1 Like

Aren’t the members of the high court appointed in the UK by the Queen on advice of her government?

I am not suggesting that is as politicised as the US system but there is scope for bias and appointing “mates”.

Hi

The system is very different here in the UK.

Justice of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia.

This is why our Supreme Court are so annoying to the Current Government, of whichever flavour.

1 Like

That merely confirms what I am saying. from the Wikipedia article you quoted:

Judges of the Supreme Court are appointed by The Queen by the issue of letters patent,[7] on the advice of the Prime Minister, to whom a name is recommended by a special selection commission.

I dont think we are going to ever agree on this Todger…I think the baby also has rights …there is no reason in normal circumstances for a woman to go beyond 12 or 13 weeks pregnancy without making her decision…if it goes beyond that and she misses the deadline I think she should have the baby and give the child up for adoption…there are plenty of couples desperate for a baby who would give the child a loving home.

Aborting a child later in pregnancy is inhumane and in my opinion its murder.

3 Likes

agreed!

Backstreet abortions will put desperate women at risk.

1 Like

Elective termination is simply one additional form of birth control. The argument that the foetus has rights are nonsense and in any case the woman’s rights are overwhelmingly superior in every way.

Abortion should not IMO be a contraceptive .
Contraception can be a personal thing planned beforehand ,abortion involves other people .

I agree, there are many types of contraception so people should use them, but if they fail to do the job I do think that early abortion should be available to all.

1 Like

But if other people are perfectly willing to assist then where’s the problem?

What other people ?
They have to be medics not just anyone .
If a woman’s life is in danger of course or other horrible circumstances like rape or abuse of a child yes
Or in the case of some grave genetic complication in the child .
But I hardly think many medics will like aborting a baby after 12 weeks because it is a baby .
Besides medics have better things to do than be used as an extra contraceptive method .

But if medics are perfectly comfortable with providing what is needed in order to terminate then where’s the problem? I certainly see non.

I dont think it’s right to have an abortion just because you put yourself about then got caught pregnant. That’s just irresponsible of the woman when she could quite easily use contraception to stop a pregnancy.

In that case it sounds like some women use abortion as contraception and that’s totally wrong as I see it.

I am in agreement that very early abortion should be available in the cases of incest and rape.

For some It’s a very difficult, personal and sensitive subject and one of which there is always going to be a divide of the people.

One thing for sure is abortions are always going to be carried out but now they will be carried out illegally and that is very dangerous.

2 Likes

The dominant ideology of patriarchy.

How many medics do you know who are comfortable with that ?
Medics are more concerned with saving lives than destroying them .