US Election 2024 antics

Ive made my point and not engaging further on this - you are welcome to have last word if you want to post again justifying your rudeness or whatever.

I guess where the gun in question is not a simple self-defense hand gun, nor indeed a hunting rifle (even then, why would you carry a hunting rifle to a peaceful?). But you do not convince anyone that the Trump supporters weren’t out to threaten and intimidate if all you can do is split hairs over different definitions of guns. They were carrying big guns and lots of spare ammunition for their unnecessarily big guns. Go split a hair on the word “big” to give everyone a chortle. The point is that the people carrying such weapons were out to intimidate and believed that showing their weapons would achieve that. So not a simple protest.

You already know the truth, you’re just going to deny. it, you deny everything about Trump, then feed us your extremist Right-Wing bologna.

Truth hurts, trying to change the facts presented does help. Bottom line both were democrats and later on you will see more of Democrats violent behavior

I understand your confusion, again the US has the right to bear arms.
That is not a military weapon. This still confuses people that know next to nothing about weapons. Trying to give examples of non military weapons, as a military weapon, shows the ignorance and value of their points.
Not saying intimidation was being used but it worked. Prevented riots, so one could say they prevented riots and kept the peace. Called self control, unlike the two Democrats that tried The assassination attempts.
One should learn the difference between riots and peaceful protest. Don’t use the that leftist article stating “peaceful riots”

Thank you again for the creditable referenced opinion.

There’s nothing wrong with telling the truth, and saying this how it should be. There’s nothing wrong with standing up for your own Rights in your own country. There’s nothing wrong with standing up for your own people. And guys, we are all in this boat together as Americans. This is not Left, Right, Gay, Straight, Black, White. When we go to Russia, they say “there’s an American”. When we go to China, they say “there’s an American”. They don’t say there’s a black American, a white American, a Jewish American, they don’t say that. And these people continuously divide us, divide us along every line of contention that we can possibly have. They work to divide us as much as possible, because they understand if we are fractured we are powerless, and they get to keep the power. And when you think about how much effort and how much money and how much time and how much propaganda they put into dividing us, it should be very simple to see what they are afraid of, and until we, the American people, all of them, get together and say " hey, we’re together on this), they’re going to have the power. When we do that, we’ll have the power.
------ Real American Freedom 1776

…pay attention Robin, these “people” are the people you support.

And if the truth be known, if something were to taken place (like in Charlottesville, Virginia), Federal, State, and local Governments would be responsible, they (government) have the right to band weapons at any event. this is the kind of extremist animal we have created in the US. As I have said (and many will deny), we are a deeply divided nation. These are actual terrorists, no different than ISIS, the Taliban, or any other terrorist group.

1 Like

I’m sure you are correct in your detail understanding of guns. However, bloke in the photo has dressed to look military, has painted his gun to look military and I’m pretty sure that the gun in the photo is not a self-defense hand gun (no doubt you’ll correct me on that). So the intent is to present as military. Pop the item in question in any bucket or category that you want - but the goal here is to be military.

Just like on Jan 6. Lots of peace and control went on then. Soz, but the mass rioting, the threats of civil war are done by large groups of people and not disturbed individuals. You don’t turn up to a protest in military garb, aiming to look military, intent on intimidation and then because no violence happened that one day go on to claim “hey, we were simply keeping the peace”. That is post-event making things up.

I do not disagree with you on that. The only thing they need to make the law stating that. But then they can’t use brush strokes and the bigger problem they need to rewrite some of the other laws that it would conflict with. ( That is the hard part).
Example: there is a protest, parade, a fair or whatever. City/town or whatever, says no longs allowed at this event. Ok. Not saying you can’t carry a long gun, you just can’t do it here. That’s the simple part. Now conceal carry, is a different matter. The town or whatever, says no concealed carry. Then town then has to create and area that has controlled entry and exit ways. That they can check every person. That will cost the town money (government). Then they will have to check who is working as a body guard, this brings in a few problems. Town can make rule but it conflicts with the states concealed carry law. (The state will have to be more specific on the law). The town can turn them away but they may end up in court (again, costing them money).
My 2¢ on that, being the town, see you in court. An example in a example, Senator XXX, shows up with his body guards, personal body guards, could be a problem (for the courts)( coating the town money) or secret service body guards, you got a problem again, they over rule local police or state police, you have a problem.

Are you getting the picture where our laws conflict with each other.

I would say about 50% of guns come camouflaged. The even have pink guns. There are a lot people that walk around in camouflage. But I’d do agree, there are some that, just my 2¢, get carried away with it, but that just me. I have some " mossy oak" clothes that can be worn year around. I’m not one of those that do that except in the winter. A winter coat.
But you have to take into consideration. Guys (I’ll say guys because I don’t play the word game) walking around in two piece bikinis and dresses. So why can’t they wear camo? Again level playing field.

As I stated before a Democrats body guard was the only one the used a gun and kill someone, not the rioters.

Why not? If one can show up dressed as a freak, why not camo. And all types show up with helmet and face masks. Again where is the line drawn.

Now you are just being silly. People can wear what they want - bikini or camo. People can own a gun (in the US, not in many other countries) and have it in any colour they want. To pick up on that is to miss the issue. The guy, and many other guys, were dressed in combat gear to look military and to intimidate. And most likely to be “prepared” if anything violent started. Whereas normal people, should violence start, would run off rather than make things worse. Not come with lethal weapons, loads of ammo and making threats. (Yes, they did threaten state employees.)
Oh, and more people were killed on Jan 6 than just one protestor. And frankly, given that the protestors were attacking the Capitol with the specific intention of stopping Biden being confirmed as president - the lot of them should have been shot on illegally entering the building. As I’ve noted before, its going to be a whole lot worse when Trump loses this November.

We will have to disagree on that. Again, just my 2¢, I know you don’t want to hear this and may think I’m deflecting, again just me.
14,000 died from COVID alone. The rest had other problems that they were going to die from anyway.
The same with the riot, Within 36 hours, five people died: one was shot by Capitol Police, another died of a drug overdose, and three died of natural causes, including a police officer. Many people were injured, including 174 police officers. Four officers who responded to the attack killed themselves within seven months.

I would not go as far as being shot, but yes a lot of them were found guilty on lesser charges. They did brake the law and they should of be charged according.

But, just me again, but insurrection, no. But again, the law has to be written better and more detailed. Was it a riot, absolutely. Could they have taken over the government, not a chance in hell.
Personally, if (again the biggest word in the dictionary) they had taken over the government! That is were the right to bear arms comes into play, I would of fought against them.

I get the point where the health and safety of the general public is not a major concern, and the American people need to stand up and take it back. The affluent control the fools on both sides of the aisle that are elected to office, First we need to make sure Fascist Don does not get elected.