US Election 2024 antics

Summary in article from link:

Covid

1 Like

Yeah, a bit unfair to judge Trump during the worst worldwide pandemic ever RightNow…Show me one country that didn’t suffer economically due to the outbreak?

1 Like

You are correct, Foxie, a bit unfair to judge Drump during the worst worldwide pandemic ever.
Here are a few things I’d almost forgotten about, but thank you for reminding me of them.

When Trump first found out about the dreaded pandemic here is what he said to our country, to help us.

It’s like the flu; about 15 or so people will get it, then in another month it’ll be gone!
He got it, couldn’t admit it, but was taken to the hospital, treated with Paxlovid, smiled from his limo as he waved to us, said again it was no big deal.
At a press conference a few months later, he thought he knew more than the scientists (he knows more than anyone, as he is a self stroking genius). He told us one option was to drink bleach, it would take care of the bug. After all, bleach kills everything.) Then he said, no masks needed. Whatever was killing off the elderly, it was health conditions, certainly not Covid.

So, yes, Foxie. I am unfairly judging Drump.
If he had taken his own genius advice and drank the bleach, our Country, and indeed the world would have benefitted greatly… No fraud in NY state, no trials of Stormy Daniels costing the taxpayers millions, time from our judicial system, news media coverage wasting air space on daily coverage of the circus of events. Georgia wouldn’t have the same cost to the taxpayers, legal time and wasted efforts, 20 of Drump’s cohorts now either in prison or headed there for the insurrection of January 6th. No police officers brutally beaten, dead, scarred for life. Congress men and women going through the most terroristic act our country has seen. Florida wouldn’t have to deal with him; 91 indictments to deal with; running off at his mouth, giving our top secrets out readily to foreign governments. Heck, Putin would be crying still at losing his best buddy… need I go on?

Yes, Drump is certainly a victim…he should have done right when Covid was first discovered.

8 Likes

Well said but of course it’s lost on any MAGA cult member.

1 Like

You are correct, Foxie, a bit unfair to judge Drump during the worst worldwide pandemic.

Thats why I post the results upto 2018 as you where blaming him for it and him alone.

Thanks for your comprehensive reply RightNow, and as an American subject, and obviously with hands on knowledge of politics at your side of the pond, I am no match for your criticism of Trump RightNow, but based on the limited coverage of the American political system here in South Yorkshire I just write as I see… :wink:

3 Likes

No worries, Foxie. I realize your news media filters a lot. At times, I wish our media did, too.

I will correct you on one point, though. We Americans aren’t subjects, we are US citizens. No kings, queens or royalty here despite a few who think they are!:grin:

3 Likes

As I read BBC articles, I’m always surprised about this. The topics picked often have a clear slant. Then the articles themselves are often full of stereotypes.

2 Likes

Sorry about that RightNow, We’ve never really had a problem with racism until now, but we do have a pecking order with the class system. Upper, Middle and scrubber (or working class) The upper class are the ones who run the country, the middle classes think they do, and the scrubbers outnumber all of the above but are happy with their lot in life…
:disguised_face:

1 Like

One of Trump’s favourite pastime is mocking Biden’s mental state.

Donald Trump appeared on stage more than 90 minutes late in Nashville, Tennessee, on Thursday night, where he delivered a speech that was as wild as it was incoherent

At various points, Mr Trump declared that he had made Israel the capital of Israel during his presidency (presumably confusing the decision to move its US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem), said that he planned to close down the [Department of Education and praised the Capitol rioters, whom he again characterised as political prisoners and referred to as “the J6 hostages”, for their “tremendous spirit”
Mr Trump sought to appeal to his audience of believers by presenting himself, not altogether convincingly, as a man of faith, pushing the false narrative that Democrats are in favour of terminating unwanted infants “even after birth” and suggesting that any Christian who votes for the opposition must be “crazy”.
He also baselessly accused President Joe Biden’s administration of persecuting Roman Catholics – apparently forgetting that the president himself is a devout Catholic and regularly attends church.

4 Likes

I saw this earlier, and I am increasingly worried about where the leadership in our country is headed. Drump has totally lost it, and can no longer cover up his wandering mind, buffing his way through direct statements that no longer even make sense.

What does this say about Americans forming new political leaders? Who do you trust? Certainly not the idiots I’ve seen lately.

3 Likes

You could say the same for the UK.

Trump is going to burn himself out.Political rallies every day and on social media at night.Burdened with million dollars of debt.Is this lust for power worth it?

1 Like

Trump has already burned himself out. But he needs the limelight, the drama, and that’s who he is.
When he can’t be seen, he’s pathetic. He can’t even stand himself. Nor can Melania stand to be around him.

It’s his way of life. So sad.

2 Likes

The best quote from that Trump speech was this -
“… And God probably can’t believe what he’s seeing!”
If God does exist, he probably can’t believe that humans ever voted such a morally bankrupt man to be the leader of USA or that he has got another shot at trying to do it again!

That bizarre speech he made does suggest that Trump is getting more muddled and confused than usual - and his cognitive abilities were never that great in his previous campaigns or during his presidency.

2 Likes

I think he was under a lot of pressure because he’s not religious at all and had to wing it in front of a load of evangelicals.
He had a similar problem with the Black Conservative Federation when he said blacks liked him because of his recent mug shot and of course he is a well known racist himself.

3 Likes

So I was right…Nobody talks about ‘golden balls Biden’ do they…
Maybe the title of the thread is misleading…

I can’t wait for a debate. Non-stop laughs.

3 Likes

Nothing stopping you OGF :grinning:

2 Likes

Meanwhile Dozy Donald can’t remember his wife’s name.