US Election 2024 antics

Obama is a WEF man, so is Biden, they are controlled by something bigger Mr Smith…

2 Likes

I used to be a part of the GOP three decades ago. That time was about conservative thoughts, thinking through solutions, still having morals and a conscience. I have long since elected to change parties to suit what should be looking after middle America, as it was before the GOP lost its own morals and conscience.
Trump thinks about only himself, how to use his base because they can’t think on their own. So sad, but somehow I have a feeling there will be a slow turn around in the near future. If only the GOP Party could hold up their heads and honor the pledge they made to our country…

2 Likes

Thanks ,I appreciate your point of view.The bigger surprise to me is he’s still so popular as he did nothing at all for working people first time round.In fact the economy is in a much better shape at moment than it ever was with him in charge.

1 Like

Exactly. As I said, some folks refuse, or can’t think on their own to realize that.

Erm…Didn’t he place a tariff on imported steel to encourage America to start producing it’s own steel creating jobs and boosting the economy Mr Smith?
The economy is struggling to get on track under Sleepy Joe…
US economy

https://www.conference-board.org/research/us-forecast

February 07, 2024

The US economy started 2024 on strong footing. Various indicators of business activity, labor markets, sentiment, and inflation are moving in a favorable direction. However, headwinds including rising consumer debt and elevated interest rates will weigh on economic growth. With these factors in mind, The Conference Board is upgrading its US forecast for the year. While we no longer forecast a recession, we do expect the consumer spending growth to cool and for overall GDP growth to slow to under 1% in Q2 and Q3 2024. Thereafter, inflation and interest rates should normalize and quarterly annualized GDP growth should converge toward its potential of near 2 percent in 2025

Over to you.

1 Like

LOL your chart shows exactly the opposite. For 3 years 2016-2019 when the baby trump was in office the growth was below the trend for all but 2 quarters. Then Covid hit then under Biden it began a faster steep recovery.

The US economy is currently doing rather well as Psmith noted in the post above.

2 Likes

Well that’s the plan…but a couple of if’s and but’s in there Mr Smith…

1 Like

As well you know Rich, doing something that affects the economy takes a few years to manifest itself in the figures…Sort of delayed reaction. Biden is taking credit for the work that Trump did.

1 Like

So you didn’t like what I pointed out so you changed around what you originally implied.

Pathetic

I neither liked it nor disliked it Rich, I was just highlighting the facts.

Err, no, you were re-interpreting the factual data in an attempt to justify a claim. If that claim is to be justified, you will need to confirm the specific Trump action(s) that led to a delayed growth in the US economy. Because I can point to specific Biden actions that have driven the US growth in the last few years.

1 Like

Isn’t that what all politicians and debaters on the forum do Lincs…?

I hope some make an attempt to present a causal link between information and claim. I note that you do not bother with that. Which indicates that there is no link and your claim is empty. Trump was not a successful president and his policies were not the reason for the current US growth.

On the limited amounts of time I spend studying politics (even less time on foreign politics) my posts are the results of my interpretation of the facts Lincs. You may not agree with them, but until you walk a mile in my shoes I don’t see how we will ever agree on anything. We are from completely different worlds.

Some interesting FACTS in link.

US 2020 election: The economy under Trump in six charts - BBC News

2 Likes

Thanks Galty, I always believed that Americans were better off under president Trump.
He’s the bloke for the working man and woman. No wonder posh folks don’t like him he upsets their gravy train. Same thing happens here.

1 Like

Here is one recent analysis or what Drump left us to haul ourselves out of. President Biden has set the economy to the best it’s been Drumpie left his mess behind.
Trump’s Fiscal Legacy©Provided by Morning Carpool

image credit: donald-evan-el-amin/shutterstock

In a striking revelation by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, a vigilant eye on America’s purse strings, the tenure of the Trump administration saw the national debt swell by an astonishing $8.4 trillion. This surge in debt was fueled by a combination of tax cuts, pandemic relief efforts, and an uptick in discretionary spending, painting a picture of fiscal decisions with lasting repercussions.

Diving deeper into the numbers, the CRFB’s analysis shows that the debt’s expansion can be attributed to specific policies: $2.1 trillion from discretionary spending increases in 2018 and 2019, $1.9 trillion from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, and another $1.9 trillion from the bipartisan CARES Act. This detailed scrutiny sheds light on the multifaceted nature of the debt increase under Trump’s watch.
Ramping Up the Trade War©Provided by Morning Carpool

image credit: TsvirPixel/Shutterstock

Trump’s audacious proposal to escalate the U.S-China trade war, with tariffs potentially soaring to 60% on Chinese imports, underscores a return to a confrontational stance. This move, aimed at reviving the intense trade skirmish of his previous term, highlights a willingness to stir global economic and diplomatic waters.

Nope, we certainly don’t need another 4 years of Drump-O-Conomy.

4 Likes

Theses are the figures up to 2018.

Ronald Reagan (two terms)
Took office 1981: $789 billion
Left office 1989: $2.05 trillion
Increase: 160 percent

George H. W. Bush (one term)
Left office 1993: $2.99 trillion
Increase: 46 percent

Bill Clinton (two terms)
Left office 2001: $3.63 trillion
Increase: 21.5 percent

George W. Bush (two terms)
Left office 2009: $5.8 trillion
Increase: 60 percent

Barack Obama (two terms)
Left office 2017: $14.16 trillion
Increase: 144 percent

Donald Trump (first term)
Two years in, to December 31, 2018: $16.1 trillion
Increase: 14 percent

1 Like

You need to post updated data, Galty. What was Drump’s total?
Here is a helpful statistic…

Donald Trump

At the end of fiscal year 2020, the debt was $26.9 trillion. Trump added $6.7 trillion to the debt between fiscal year 2017 and fiscal year 2020, a 33.1% increase, largely due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic and 2020 recession.

In his FY 2021 budget, Trump’s budget included a $966 billion deficit.14 However, the national debt actually grew by $1.5 trillion between October 1, 2020, and October 1, 2021.

2 Likes