US Election 2024 antics

While it hasn’t received much attention, a second Trump administration is threatening a high stakes gamble to revive America’s economy by erecting walls around the country’s manufacturing base.

For a nation almost drowning in debt, much of it accumulated during his first term, the potential for a misfire is huge and he runs the risk of creating a new and dangerous inflation outbreak.

I watched Four Corners last night about Trump and Project 2025 it was very interesting.

This appeared on the news last night as a promo for the Four Corners program

This is the full program not sure if it is geo-restricted

UK caught between a rock and a hard place.

You can blame the nutters who keep telling us that the UK is heading toward Sharia Law.

I believe that this is one element of the Project 2025 plan. It is worth reading up on this as this will soon become US policy.

The new VP and his Hindu wife make a lovely couple

I only just discovered that the VP was the povertous child at the centre of the moving film Hillbilly Elegy

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fm.media-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F71d-Bg2crBL._AC_UF894%2C1000_QL80_.jpg&tbnid=jHLPW7Tzo_tVIM&vet=1&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FHILLBILLY-ELEGY-International-Bestselling-starring%2Fdp%2F0008220565&docid=xq-h9wAWax0NUM&w=646&h=1000&hl=en-gb&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim%2Fm4%2F3&kgs=9135c1a7da2fb82f&shem=abme%2Ctrie

Trump put Corporate America and /or extreme Right America first, Trump has done naught for working class Americans ? Trump and his administration tried to take credit for economic gains in the early part of his administration when he was actually riding the policies put forth by the Obama Administration which brought us back from the worst economic downturn since the depression, and when covid hit he retreated to his golf course til he was defeated by Biden.

Project 2025, paves the path for a single party government that will create no less than another tyrannical regime no less than what Putin is leading in Russia, a dictator surrounded by major corporate leaders where citizens have no personal rights, which has always been Donald Trump’s goal, absolute power; no different than what Hitler did in the 1930’s.

If I was an American and thought that Trump and his new boot licker and the rest of his grisly family and the bat shit crazy maga Republicans were in charge of the country,I’d emigrate. :grinning:

The majority of people were better off under Trump’s administration then Bidens.

It just so happened the the jobs came back to the US under Trump’s administration.

Trying to blame the economy down turn on Trump, :smile: Trump does not control the purse for the government, it was the Democrat party that were paying more not to work, then go back to work. It was the Democrats that want put everyone in quarantine. Your suppose to quarantine the sick, not the healthy.

You have to remember Biden campaigned from is base meet. A we all seen what happens the Biden in a debate with out his handlers around.

Look at his inauguration. There were more people at parties on the beaches, sporting events.

1 Like

Don’t know what document you read but there are some really good things in there.

Not that Trumps has been linked to it, but getting rid of the Department of Education, getting rid of Environmental Protection Agency.
Rounding up all the Illegals, those that did not enter through a point of entry.

I would still like to facts to these accusations. Nothing is hated more then the truth and facts. If they truthful, it should be easy to show facts.

1 Like

If you were??? I can’t see the point of “what if”?

Can you show something of a boot licker?
Truth will set you free.

Why is his family “grisly”. Surprise the the left supports are not quick to point out the childish play ground antics being stated. It may only be pointed out if they are point at the left, which would exclude the right which would be Ok.

You think everyone that agrees with “Make America Great Again” are “bat shit crazy”.

Then one could leave the country at any time and go to a country that doesn’t have the mentality to design and build their own Nuclear Submarines.

In April 2022, Trump endorsed Vance. “J.D. is kissing my ass he wants my support so bad,” Trump later said.

Of note, Mrs. Vance worked for Supreme Court justices John Roberts and Brett Kavanaugh. They will be partial as they liked her. Another pull for Supreme Court to vote for Trump positively .

No wonderTrump picked Vance. First term Congressman who will bend to his will, and a wife with inside pull of legal systems. Just keeping notes here, advantages reading like a celebrity show. Hmmm.

Ironic or what?The Republicans having blaming the assassination attempt on the Democrats because they were accusing Trump of being Hitler. :grinning:

I wish I could bring myself to watch Bruce as looks very interesting, but I can’t bear anything to do with him. I simply cannot understand what is happening in the US.

1 Like

It’s unfortunate that there isn’t a credible opposition in what is possibly the most powerful nation in the world.

From what I have read in financial reports this year, the US economy has been performing wonderfully. So Biden’s team must be doing something right.

There was a discussion on the radio here last week, some expert was explaining that there is a different political culture in the US (vs UK). The US really does invest all it’s eggs into one personality cult when it comes to presidential elections, a “saviour”, a King substitute. This expert was saying that it’s hard for Brits to fathom the mentality because it is such a different culture.

Apparently a large proportion of American families seriously fell out about politics during the last Thanksgiving. During the same programme another commentator indicated that the US is closer to civil war than it has been for the last hundred years.

1 Like

I only watched it by accident. I happened to turn on the TV just after it started (I actually wanted to set a reminder) but it sucked me in - the idea of a state within a state isn’t new but this has so much money power behind it and it is in one of the most powerful democracies. Hard to believe it is happening.

1 Like

Obama was only a first term Senator.

Clinton and Obama worked inside the legal system too.

Congressional Democrats will introduce legislation Thursday to expand the Supreme Court from nine to 13 justices, joining progressive activists pushing to transform the court.
Nothing like trying to stack the legal system.

Hhhmmm makes people think there is irrelevant connections.