Two billion people in the world are over 50

I know mate, but some people really do get so serious about a thread which was only meant as an incidental chatting topic.
Maybe they’d be happier talking to their cats and chickens lol.

Yes, you did say … :wink:

I’m a gardener and do a lot of weight lifting, getting my mower out/in of the car. Walking said mower up and down gardens. This time of year lots of stretching with my lawnrake to gather leaves, bending to pick up the leaves, etc. Quite a bit of exercise but not really what I’d put in an exercise thread.

Three years ago I drove a snowmobile 508 km from near the Norwegian Russian and Finnish border down into Finland then back into Norway(a different route) and visited the second most northerly point in Europe.

On my 70th birthday, in February, I should be out in the wilds about 200 miles above the Arctic circle.
I think I’m reasonably fit for my age.

Get well soon Floydy

I agree Mags. The only reason people feel they need to exercise now, is because we have too many machines to do the jobs for us & some eat too much!
Sport is exercise but only those, who can do it well, want to play. When I was a first aide for a rugby team, I think I had as much exercise as the players :lol:

I think exercise is just another word for movement, and many of us don’t need a plan to do the things that involve moving,they are just normal daily jobs!

FGS look out for the polar bears.

They’re much further north

[quote=“Muddy, post: 1825311”]
FGS look out for the polar bears.

Wow. The film ended right at the crucial part!

I wonder what happened? It was rocking the vehicle about and trying hard to get in, you could see the bloke’s face change as he started to get worried . . . then suddenly no film!

Did the bear lose interest and wander off? Did one of the crew shoot the bear? I’d like to know what happened.

It’s that animal loving man ( forgotten his name ) so I’m sure they would not shot it .it either gave up or the scared it off with a flare or something .

I expect you’re right, Muddy.
Buit what a pity the film stopped at that moment. I’d have liked to see what they did about the bear attack.

Gordon something or other Muddy…:017:

Polar Bear Steaks anyone? I’ve just come by some off the back of a lorry…:smiley:

Is it Buchanan, Foxy?

Ah yes…That’s the fellow Mups…Good on yer…I would have been thinking about him for the rest of the day…:confused:

I’ve never really looked at running as exercise and keeping fit, it’s more a way of life. I initially went out running to cure a hangover and discovered that I loved running. I found that if I went out on a regular basis I could run further and faster, and with my love of the wide open spaces I would go up to the fells and moors and just run on my own.

It wasn’t long before I got noticed and it was suggested I tried my hand at fell running. I took to it like a duck to water, and enjoyed the camaraderie, this led to even more running.

So these days I’m lost if I don’t go out for a run and over the years it’s helped me in other areas of my life. I’ve been fit enough to do manual stuff, I can eat anything I want without putting on weight - I weigh just about the same now as I did when I left school, it’s just distributed differently…:cool:

But mostly I like the ‘Me Time’ it gives when I’m out on the trail, many a problem has been resolved while jogging along. The speed has declined along with the distance but it’s like brushing your teeth, shaving or going to the toilet, just something that needs doing regularly…

Well done, Wayleron. Good to see you’re still keeping yourself active. :cool:

Thanks Floydy, hope you’re well.

Bit of pain from my op but I’m getting there mate, thanks. :slight_smile:

It can’t be easy recovering from an op Floydy, particularly when you have been so active. I’m recovering from a nasty hand injury and I think I have turned the corner, but it’s so frustrating to have to wait. My first few days without constant pain. I hope you are pain free soon too. It’s such a literal pain when you forget that you are not quite healed. At least for me things feel ok and then I move things in the wrong way by accident and - ouch!

But our ability to heal is amazing, the other day I thought my finger was falling off :slight_smile: (it’s still there).

I hope you heal well and that you are more patient than me. I hate having to wait.

Thank you, Annie. Please see PM :cool:

*Edit…I don’t mean Boris! :confused:

This is funny

Very good :slight_smile: