This Morning 'feud'

is that somehow going to make schofield newsfeed more relevant ?

what has changed your mind?

I’ve no idea but you do seem to have other bees in your bonnet which have found their way into this thread:

I was talking to my team today about the constant drive by tech companies to divert us from finding out real information & taking any control/use our brains.

I’ve been observing what appears to be a deliberate dumbing down of the population for years now and comparing what is happening with Bradbury’s “Farenheit 451”

Farenheit 451 is chillingly close to where we are now. It’s astonishing how fiction has turned into reality. Instead of burning books we have e-books which simply disappear over time.

In terms of Brexit I always said it was a stupid idea because we didn’t have any plan as to how it would be implemented. When I said this I was labelled a “remoaner”. But I was merely pointing out that you cannot leave an economic block without a detailed plan on how to manage without that block. I was reading in the FT that our chemical industry is at risk of massive (billions) of costs because we have been unable to replicate the regulatory regime after leaving the EU’s “Reach” framework. The government appears to be planning to leave our chemicals unregulated until they manage to agree a way forward. If you’re wondering where inflation is coming from it’s going to be all the red tape of which this is just one example. This is what happens when you have no plan.

Perhaps the search for (past) life on Mars may, similarly, prove of interest … :man_shrugging:

He only thinks it was a grave error because he was found out…its interesting though had it been a young female would it have been so controversial? …maybe it should but I doubt it.

2 Likes

I am sure most people would act the same. I can remember being spoken to by a local copper as a lad … listen, he said, the crime here when scrumping, is getting caught. In future, if you have to get up to mischief, then be more careful and use lookouts.
If all had remained quiet, Schofield would have carried on with his old familiar ways.

1 Like

Once again we see the power of the media, nobody is too big or too powerful to be brought down by the MSM. There is something going on in the world and it’s not just here, all we can do is watch it unfold…

3 Likes

What a great and accurate article Cinders. Thanks for posting…
:+1:

Seems there is a puritanical revolution afoot. Who needs Mary Whitehouse? Every other week there is yet another boring exposure of anyone and everyone. It appears that everyone has been up to some nookie in their life and these days dirty linen should be washed on social media. Apparently this is in the public interest, whether the public are interested or not. The virtual equivalent of being put in stocks and throwing rotten vegetables. Who will be next to give an angst-filled, ashen-faced interview to a suitably concerned presenter?

4 Likes

Perhaps any from the list of several news presenters moved on by the BBC.:man_shrugging:

Well, if she was 15 when he met her and 18 when he did the deed - when he was 51 and allegedly happily married then, IMO, probably … mostly because he’s so self-righteous … :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Whoever it is, I’m sure that you will be available for comment … :wink:
:081:

Dismissed claims by GB News presenter Dan Wootton

Schofield dismissed claims by GB News presenter Dan Wootton that he had been responsible for him being fired as a contributor on ITV show Lorraine.

He said the accusations stemmed from Wootton’s “utter, total hatred” for him.

“There is no way that any presenter on one show can get a contributor fired from another because they don’t like the fact they’re in the building,” he said.

“I don’t know where this came from… that I have more power than anybody else. Bless Dan, there is a lot of things that I think he said out of hatred for me.

Now is the time media should back off,

https://www.itv.com/watch/news/caroline-flacks-mother-criticises-itv-over-handling-of-phillip-schofield-departure/9wct5v0

The Vacuous Blonde is back:

I’ve yet to find an exact copy of Willoughby as an avatar but this is the sort of thing that she reminds me of:

This whole farago, prompts one to beg, “Pass the sick bag Alice!” :weary: :confounded: :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/entertainment-arts-65901547

Today the TV network’s boss, Dame Carolyn McCall, will face questions from MPs in a session of the Culture, Media and Sport Committee.

Dame Carolyn McCall is the chief executive of ITV and joined the broadcaster in January 2018.

She is the first female ITV chief executive and was previously EasyJet’s chief executive.

McCall was previously awarded a Damehood in the New Year Honours List for services to the aviation industry.

The first question the committee puts to the ITV bosses is about the allegations surrounding Phillip Schofield that emerged in recent weeks. The committee member says there has “been a common theme” among reaction from industry members, with many saying they knew about the rumours.

McCall is asked if she and Holly Willoughby were the only ones who didn’t know about the allegations. (1)

That made me laugh … :laughing:

Meanwhile:

Holly … shallow as a summer pool … surely not … :037:

ITV viewers vow to switch off over 'Tower Block Tracys' row | Daily Mail Online :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Have never heard this, has anyone else.

I’ve never heard the phrase either Cinders, but I think the knives are out for ITV and comments like this just help to stir the pot and put people off watching anything on ITV. Personally, they can call me what they like but it wouldn’t make me stop watching ITV material that I like. But comments like these can destroy a business, remember ‘Ratners’? Once the press get hold of something they are like a dog with a bone…It’s a cruel world and it doesn’t take much to offend people these days, and in a capitalist world where you have to keep the shareholders happy, and if people start switching off ITV, they will invest in something else more profitable…

1 Like

After what he said hardly a surprise.