This Morning 'feud'

I had to double check AnnieS’ name.I thought you had written it. :grinning:

2 Likes

I think Annie has been reading my diaries Mr Smith…What did we say on another thread…“Would it be a good thing if everyone was like you?” Absolutely!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Can I ask a question How is this news totally agree with AnnieS the public is being fed news drivel and missing the big picture whatever that is.

1 Like

ITV management have made a huge mistake, and will pay dearly. Brand protection!

1 Like

And I imagine the main people telling us this will be the BBC who will be trying to keep their own dirty washing out of the press so the wheel turns.

1 Like

I do agree with you on some things OGF, excluding covid and brexit of course! :slight_smile:

I’ve been observing what appears to be a deliberate dumbing down of the population for years now and comparing what is happening with Bradbury’s “Farenheit 451” Some people say this is progress…

1 Like

There is a gagging order on ITV and the lad in question that runs out in June/July and also a super injunction.

When that gagging order is lifted you can bet your life the story behind all this will be coming out. Telling porkies isn’t a sacking offence.

Bradbury sounds well before his time Annie. It seems that some of his predictions are coming to pass…
I just Wiki’d him, but I shall seek out his book…
So you disagree with me about ‘Brexit’ Annie?
We are probably coming closer together about brexit than you think…Not because being ruled from Brussels is a good idea, but lack of interest and enthusiasm from our government has sold us a pile of crap. Done purposely of course to punish us for daring to even suggest that we could do without Johnny Foreigner…
But I digress…
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Farenheit 451 is chillingly close to where we are now. It’s astonishing how fiction has turned into reality. Instead of burning books we have e-books which simply disappear over time.

In terms of Brexit I always said it was a stupid idea because we didn’t have any plan as to how it would be implemented. When I said this I was labelled a “remoaner”. But I was merely pointing out that you cannot leave an economic block without a detailed plan on how to manage without that block. I was reading in the FT that our chemical industry is at risk of massive (billions) of costs because we have been unable to replicate the regulatory regime after leaving the EU’s “Reach” framework. The government appears to be planning to leave our chemicals unregulated until they manage to agree a way forward. If you’re wondering where inflation is coming from it’s going to be all the red tape of which this is just one example. This is what happens when you have no plan.

Anyway apologies for dragging this off topic (although it’s maybe more interesting than Mr Schofield’s twitter posts…)

1 Like

I expect 24 hour coverage on every news channel when it comes out.

I hope so too.

I think there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Could it be possible that like the BBC with Saville, ITV also has its own paedophile ring thats part of a bigger network, and, Schofield is just one of the higher profile offenders that slipped up exposing the whole thing ?

Put it this way, remember Fred Talbot the weather man on This Morning … now a convicted paedophile. Then Schofields brother who is also a convicted paedophole and now a big question mark over Philip Schofield another presenter on the This Morning show.

I personally think this is more than a coincidence with having 3 people so closely linked through one person and one TV show on one TV channel.

Someones been covering this up, someone in a very high position at ITV and I wouldn’t be surprised if other very influential people are linked to this aswell. There’s only one reason that people cover this sort of thing up - its because they are part of it.

1 Like

“I would still have been in trouble, because I’d broken the rules of having a relationship with someone at work,” he said when asked if an affair with a woman would have cost him his job, “but I don’t think it would have been a massive scandal.”

Schofield said revelations about a similar heterosexual relationship would have been treated as “nudge nudge, wink wink”, adding: “If it’s a gay relationship, then suddenly it raises eyebrows, it’s wrong, it’s wrong.”

He continued: “People do find each other attractive in different age groups, I mean it does happen… I appreciate it’s the workplace and the history, and I get that - but the fact it is so massive is predominantly homophobia.”

I get the impression that “it is so massive” because Schofield and his “team” lied for years about his sex life … even to his wife … :roll_eyes:

Now he’s crying for sympathy … :-1:

I heard part of his interview with Amol Rajan on the Today programme this morning and the self pity made me cringe so much I had to turn off the radio!

2 Likes

I think GB News should sign him up and then I’ll never hear about him again.

I couldn’t care less about schofield’s sex life.

Perhaps you should check out the livestream from Mars, then … :+1:

I’ve been thinking , yes PS did groom this lad I’m sure , yes others knew , yes it’s horrible but do you know as I get older I see this over again and again . I honestly don’t know anymore what to think . I feel for the young lad , and others should have stepped in . But they were thinking of their jobs and futures and many turned their backs . Some tried it seems .

Now , hearing PS interview, I don’t like him , I think he is snidey and unpleasant but , if the media do much more this bloke could well take his life , does the media really want this , I think they are capable of pushing him to it .

He’s lost everything , let him live with his conscience, he’ll never work again. Let him live with his loss Let him suffer it . But not to the point of suicide .

2 Likes

Good post Susan. He’s not the first, and he definitely won’t be the last…
However, do we know that the lad wasn’t complicit? They are talking about giving 16 year olds the vote…So surely they must think that they are adult enough and capable of making their own decisions about their sexual orientation…They can about their gender!

1 Like

When this started just thought it was a storm in a teacup.

1 Like