This Morning 'feud'

I’m smiling here , you see 30 odd years ago I worked for Ratners jewellers. I loved my job . Ordinary people could buy engagement and wedding rings and pretty jewellery. OK it was not the top quality the rich could afford , it was gold but with more metal in , and hollow. People loved it . Then silly Billy Gerald opened his big egotistical mouth and we all lost our jobs . Thousands did . Gerald hit the floor but of course still had his life style . The media jumped on him he became enemy number one. My Ratners earrings still going strong and my rings . Nothing wrong with them . Still pretty .

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you lost your job Susan, it just goes to show the power of publicity…They don’t think about the working classes when they say these things, they have a responsibility, not just to the shareholders, but to their loyal employees…

1 Like

I was paid £2 an hour , 30 years ago . No minimum wage . Expected to do without lunch or tea breaks if short staffed . Only Christmas day off , back into work boxing day 7am . In those days you could be sacked if you didn’t conform . I conformed through fear of losing my job .

I still loved it . Great staff and fun times .

1 Like

The good old days Susan…
Kids don’t know they’re born these days…
Times were very strict when I was an apprentice, but it may surprise some people to know that I became very militant after that…
:frowning_face:

1 Like

Sarah Ferguson weighs on Phillip Schofield scandal and says 'nobody has the right to judge' | Daily Mail Online.

Duchess has been there, it cost her dearly, so can understand why she made these remarks.

1 Like

Trouble is Cinders…If you are a gay presenter or a famous and wealthy member of the royal family, and raise your head above the pulpit…
Expect it to be shot at…
Cannon

1 Like

Not if you avoid as much as possible, providing the ammunition, but guess the media would use blanks just to get a reaction. Tangled web and all because of a needless deception.

1 Like